cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Vaping Addiction

The most visible indicator that shows vaping is addictive is the fact that vaping withdrawal exists. Vaping leads to various emotional changes, such as:

• Depression
  • Irritability
  • Mood swings.

Also, withdrawal symptoms include difficulties in concentrating, memory loss and confusion. Last but not least, vaping withdrawal is often characterized by psychical and behavioral changes

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

It is also the hand to mouth and inhale ritual that is associated with vaping AND smoking.  If you vape with nicotine in the liquid, you will have the same physical withdrawal as smoking - the same drug is missing in your system.

Stands to reason!

Nancy

Jennifer-Quit

Well thank goodness I have never been addicted to vaping!

AnnetteMM

Vaping is smoking.  

intervention

The gold standard for defining addiction comes from the American Society for Addiction Medicine (ASAM). Unlike smoking, vaping does not meet ASAM criteria for addiction. If you vape with nicotine you will produce a mild dependency, but that is a far cry from addiction. Addiction is "persistent use despite negative consequences". I definitely had negative consequences with smoking, but none with vaping. 

That doesn't mean it is good for you. Total abstinence is always best. Vaping is not safe, just 95-99% safer than smoking. For millions of us it has been to only way we could get off the stinkies. I am happy for anyone who quits smoking, regardless of how they did it. My doctor is happy for me; hope you can be too.....

0 Kudos
VAPEASDEADLY

I think an underlying disorder of ADD/ADHD exists for a lot of us. Nicotine is a way to help our brains focus.
In terms of my experience with Nicotine and subsequent withdrawal, nicotine was such it helped me hyperfocus, until it no longer worked to do so. I am 43 days into my quit, and seeking medical advise on what I believe to be a lifelong persistent chronic executive brain function problem. (ADD/ADHD)

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

That sounds like a really great idea. Please let us know the results!

0 Kudos