cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

How to Fail in Three Easy Lessons

(1) Hang out in your old smoking places

We have had the habit for Years! So why not? When you get up  - go out on that first smoke of the day balcony, sit in your old smoking chair, put your coffee in the same place and make yourself nuts. By now you'll wonder why you have to be deprived of this small luxury that helps you face another day! But that's OK. Your incredible Willpower will overcome the compulsion. 

(2) Go on smoke breaks to keep your buddies company

After all, why should you give up your old smoking pals just because you quit? Isn't that a bit elitist and stuck up? They may offer you a cigarette but they're just being considerate, right? I know you will have the strength to say No every time, won't you?

(3) Go out with the crowd on Saturday Night and drink away

Logically, alcohol is simply another trigger that has to be confronted. Why should you give up alcohol when you're already giving up Nicotine? Your good friends, even those who smoke, will look out for you, right?

And if that doesn't get you where you really want to go....

Don't forget to keep that emergency pack around just in case things get rough and something awful gives you no option except to smoke. You'll be able to quit again when things get better....

in the grave!

6 Replies
Giulia

Oh yes.

Lesson Number 4 - Sit and dwell on smoking thoughts

Let your mind wander to all those fun times you used to have while smoking.  Wish you could go back there.  Imagine yourself being one of those casual "social smokers."  You can have "just one," after all.  One isn't going to do anything.  And you're just having ONE.  It's not like you're giving up your quit or anything.

And the lessons go on... and on....and on....

indingrl

Good share-if you always DO what you DONE you'll always GET what you always GOT-using drug nicotine AGAIN-Thank you Thomas for reminder-love love love you brother.

Never_again

On way 4 and doing things differently! I needed this tonight so I could be proud of myself! Thanks so much!!!

SimplySheri

Well said and full of wisdom!!  Thanks, Thomas, for caring enough to share as you do!

0 Kudos
Sandy-9-17-17

Thomas .....this one is awesome!    there is so much truth to it!  I didn't have any problem watching others go smoke outside without me, I rather enjoyed strengthening my quit by not going! 

0 Kudos

Good one Thomas.

Lesson Number 5 - Keep a cigarette or two around for just in case.

M n @ Signature 002-2.JPG

0 Kudos