cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

The Patch

How was it after you were done with the patches? And how many weeks is enough?

6 Replies
Barbara145

Hi Ralph.  This is a journey that you travel one day at a time.  Follow the instructions on the package or see a physician.  I was actually on the patches for a year.  I did whatever I needed to do to never smoke again one day at a time.  You can do this.

Ralph1955

Thanks Barbara 

One day at a time. I suppose I’ll know when the time is right 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

I used the 21 mg for 3 weeks, 14 mg for 2 weeks, and 7 mg for 1 week.   I didn't notice drastic changes in my withdrawal symptoms when I stepped down or when I quit the patch entirely--maybe just a little edginess for a day or so.  

I used 11 my first 12 days. (forgot my 3rd day and went without)

Forgot 2 days in a row on day 12 and 13. Put one in my wallet with the promise I would use t rather than smoke.

Never needed it.

It's ok to test yourself Ralph. You can always put one on, right?

tsssue4307

At first I was on step 1 from the name brand but there were only 14 in that box.   So then I went to amazon and got their step 1 (much cheaper) for one month as that is how many comes in those boxes.   Then step 2 for a month and have now went down to step 3  I have noticed since I went to step 3 I am having a bit more of a struggle but if it becomes a problem I could always put two of them on    But I think everyone is different also

Barb102

Everyone is different. What works for some won’t work for everyone. I admire the Exers that quit cold turkey. It didn’t work for me. I went to a smoke support group led by my pulomary doctors team. We were all evaluated. My doc wanted me on the patch and even losengers if it was needed. He kept me on each step longer than the instructions say. I followed his advice. I have been off the last patch for 4 days. I must say I get moments nothing like quitting. I get busy and move on. I will never smoke again. I smoked 2 packs for over 40+ years. Do whatever it takes for you to keep your quit. Nothing is more important. You can do this I can too. 

Barb