AnsweredAssumed Answered

Habit Replacements & Other Advice

Question asked by Kitsune13 on Jul 26, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2018 by elvan

I really need to figure out a habit that I can replace smoking with. One thing that keeps happening is that my brain gets stuck like a skipping record....all I can do is think I want/I need....don't need to finish that do I?! I am so disheartened. This is my millionth quit, and I've botched it so badly every single day.

The one time I succeeded in quitting for 3 straight days was when I used nicotine patches. So I've dug those up and I'm trying again with the patch. I kept reading that the best way to quit is cold turkey, and I thought that was right, but 1 pack a day for 42 years has maybe over conditioned my body to respond in a haywire manner to no nicotine. (I seriously couldn't read! I kept trying to read different entries on this site and Why Quit but the words were soup!)

So...any pointers, any help at all would be so very gratefully received. I make jewelry and used to love doing all kinds of things...drawing, embroidering, carving etc. Yesterday I grabbed a small and valuable piece of Baltic egg yolk amber and began drilling it and plink! It cracked. So I'm leaving the very valuable things alone right now. Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope I put it in the right place!

Outcomes