cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SheriU

Making it happen

Well here I am at 81 days and am shocked. I truly wondered if I would make it 8 hours and am amazed at myself that 81 days has passed.  It's hard but I take one day at a time... Some times 5 minutes at a time.  Whatever I need to for the moment to pass.  It's so odd to me when someone asks about my smoking i say, "i think I quit" or "i'm not smoking right now". I'm so afraid I will slip that  i'm very careful to avoid situations that may want me to want to smoke.  Took my first 3 hour train ride Monday . I'm doing this.... Excited to hit double digits soon.   When I get 100 days i'm saying, "i no longer smoke". Hope everyone has a great week.

Sheri U

11 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on 81 days of freedom.  I can't wait until you get to 100 so you can say you no longer smoke. 

shashort

Good for you on 81 days won. When people ask you about smoking simply and proudly say I don't do that anymore. Don't think or second guess yourself. The more you tell yourself this the more you believe it. Your doing great keep going. Yay you!!!

hattonc

Wow!! Your doing great !! I know it’s a great feeling not having that ugly smell lingering everywhere u turn .., I began to really hate the smell on me .. just couldn’t see myself doing this for the rest of my life!! .. we’ll hang in there , your doing wonderful!!!

Giulia

"I'm so afraid I will slip that  i'm very careful to avoid situations that may want me to want to smoke. "  I think that's a very good and healthy fear.  As I say in my profile "If you still want one, you're still vulnerable.  Protect your quit!"  And avoiding situations that put you in emotional relapse jeopardy is not a bad idea!  It's WISE.  

You ARE making it happen, Sheri.  You're doing just what you're supposed to do.  You've learned well, grasshopper.  Don't stop learning.  And especially don't stop protecting your beautiful quit.  It's really a lot easier to maintain a quit than to start a new one all over again.  Especially as the days go by.  You hang in!

SheriU

Thank you.  You're comments are very appreciated.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on your 81 days.  I know what you're saying a about being reluctant to say you quit.  But positive affirmations do help.  I've had to learn to say that I don't do that anymore.

135 DOF

Sandy-9-17-17

At 100 days, you need to start saying "I'm glad - I don't do that anymore"  !  I totally changed this line up for myself!  Because I truly am glad "I don't do that anymore!"  Good for you and you have a good plan in place for yourself!  100 days is coming up very soon for you, a great day to celebrate being a quitter! Nice job Sheri!

Barbara145

Congrats on 81 days.  You are doing great.  Saying outloud to yourself, "I don't do that anymore", is a therapy in itself.  After I began doing it something good changed about my quit.  See You in 19 days.  You got this.

elvan

Congratulations SheriU‌, 81 days is wonderful and you are very, very close to that Triple Digit Club!  You are doing this.

Ellen