cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hattonc

Day 6

Good Morning.. Day 6 here .. feeling down this morning.. for lots of reasons but.. not smoking makes me feel like I’m doing something right ... have a good day 

Tags (1)
7 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Feeling down is a perfectly normal smoking withdrawal symptom.  It WILL pass.

Get some exercise, if you can.  It helps.  Stay the course!

Nancy

maryfreecig

Way to go keeping your smobriety. Sorry you've got some blues, hope they ease soon.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on day 6.  Keep moving if you right now if you can.  

0 Kudos
elvan

Feeling a little down is really very common when we quit...we do feel like something is missing...something IS, that gun we had to our heads.  Exercise really does make a difference.  I couldn't work out when I first quit because I was way to sick...I could hardly breathe for quite a while but when I WAS able to work out...I started slowly on a stationary bike and I was absolutely STUNNED at that burst of dopamine.  I felt SO MUCH better.  The depression lifted and I knew that I now had the tool to make it lift whenever I wanted to.  You have that tool also...coming here and letting us know you are struggling helps more than you know.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Strudel

Congrats on day 6 and I sure hope things look up soon! 

0 Kudos
Sootie

Feeling a little down is normal when you first quit (also normal for non smokers !!) Just take it one day at a time and tell yourself you are doing great.................because you are!!!! We are here if needed. Exercise is a great way to get over the "downs". I walk every day and if I miss a day, I really feel it in my mood!

Stay Strong.

SheriU

Hang in there.  I drank a lot of water and tried to sleep my way through it. Unfortunately you have to go through to get to your quit.  You 'll get there.  Hang on here we go!!!

0 Kudos