cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

awken

I failed and ready to try again !

first it started with a couple of slips in social settings , but I kept trying and at one point life events stressed me out and the last week I have been back to full time smoking , reset my quit date for tomorrow and I am going to start again , I know I only failed myself and have no one else to blame , I am just trying to get myself in the right mind set today !  

0 Kudos
10 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Glad you are getting right back to it.  Make a plan NOW what you will do differently in social settings so that

you don't smoke.  Can you take slow/deep breaths?  Have a mint on hand?  Cut up some straws on which to chew, twiddle in your fingers?  Do understand that once you had those "couple of slips" you were doomed to start smoking full-time again. As an addict, that is a given.  You can never, ever, after you quit, have just one.

Let's get it done THIS time!

Nancy

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

awken Sorry you had to reset your quit date.  One little housekeeping thing you need to do to get it to show on the community.  How do I get my quit date to show on the community?‌ will help you get that done. Until then it will show your previous quit date.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
awken

all set

maryfreecig

Hey you are focused on quitting or you would not be here, or setting a new date. Keep working for your smobriety.  Good to see you here.

elvan

Congratulations on your decision to get right back to quitting.  It CAN be done and you are making the right choice.  Please pay attention to YoungAtHeart‌ because she is offering you the best possible advice.

Barbscloud

Welcome back.  It' good that you're not waiting long to quit again.  Can't have just one!

134 DOF

Sandy-9-17-17

Glad to hear you're jumping right back in!  Try to remove yourself from those social settings if you can!  I knew if I walked outside with my peeps I use to go with, that I would most surely fail my quit!  So I always stayed away, and said, "sorry, I just can't be around your smoking"  Believe me, they understood.  I am fortunate that no one else in my home smokes, so I never had to leave home.  If someone did, I don't know if I could have done it!  But now I loath the smell!  It really bothers me! 

I love now that there is no smoking in bars and restaurants, as that would also have been setting myself up for failure!  To be a successful quitter it is easier to succeed if you hang with people who don't smoke!  

Sandy 311 DOF   

54 Days to 1 Year Free!

DonnaMarie

I'm with you. I have quit a lot and for reasons that really don't matter, started up again in March of this year. July 23, I said "enough." I've been rationalizing and all that fun stuff, buying only one pack at a time, and in general, being a closet, sneaky smoker. The problem for me with serial quitting is that I know I can do it again. The complication with that problem is that I don't want to keep quitting! I want to be quit. 

So, I'm here quitting with you. I'm into day 4 and have promised myself to see many more smoke-free days ahead. Today, my teeth are clenched and my mood is cranky, but I'm sticking with it.

Thanks for posting. I'm trying to catch up out here on BecomeAnEx and your words caught my eye. 

Donna

awken

on day two , not too bad , sucking on a lot of mints today and drinking lots of water , since the end of May I have not smoked more days than I have so that might be part of the reason the craves are not overwhelming , not yet anyway !

0 Kudos