cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Massi

Stoping champix

Hi Everyone,

I've bee smoke free for 30 days now and using champix for 6 weeks. Im really feeling anxious, depressed and mean with my coworkers, family and friends.

I want to stop taking champix but i fear all these symptoms will get worse.  Im not sure if i should continue champix or not.

Any feedback?

Cheers,

-A fighting EX

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Check with your doctor and inform them what is going on with you. 

0 Kudos
elvan

Not sure why you think the symptoms would get WORSE...it's entirely possible that they are coming from the medication.  I would certainly ask your doctor AND your pharmacist.  Someone should be able to give you an informed answer.

Congratulations on being quit for 30 days...if you want to really feed and protect your quit...stay close to this site, do all of the reading...read blogs, see how others have dealt with quitting, some with medications and some without.  The psychological journey is MUCH more challenging than the physical part.  You can find ways to distract yourself, you can start a regular exercise routine...you can read, read, and read some more.  Education about this addiction is your best friend.  I suggest that you read, My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  and a blog by JonesCarpeDiem‌ that was written some time ago but sure helped me.../blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months   You should also read this list from YoungAtHeart‌  /blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoke   Quitting is not an event, it is a journey and it is one day at a time.  No medication...NO MEDICATION will quit FOR you, this is something you have to work at...every day.

You CAN do this and you do not have to bite the heads off of every one of your co-workers.  You can do this and we are all here to help you in any way that we can.  I came here every morning and every evening and I have more than 4 1/2 years into my quit now.  

Welcome,

Ellen