cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sandy-9-17-17

Question for Elders

OK all my Homies/Elders....as I am approaching my one year, yes, in 66 days, Sorry I had to quote the number of days til one year when I get to become one of you's .....

As of Late, my voice is constantly raspy/hoarse and I find I am constantly trying to clear it and talk like I almost have laryngitis !  

Should I be concerned about this?  I haven't had this trouble really since I quit 309 days ago!  

Looking for answers!

Tags (1)
13 Replies
SimplySheri

Check with your doctor   Congrats on your upcoming 1 year smoke free anniversary!!  Hope you celebrate big!!!

0 Kudos
Sandy-9-17-17

Oh I will be celebrating....in fact I am heading off to Florida right in the middle of their heat wave !   I am taking a week to go see my sister who moved there recently, and is waiting for me and our niece to come visit already!   I can't wait as I have never been there!  

I see my pulmonary doc in September, will ask him for sure!  Nothing hurts, but it's becoming a nuisance, my job requires me to talk to people over the phone!   

Could it be allergies?

0 Kudos
Sandy-9-17-17

I suppose it could, so much has changed since quitting....my belly/digestive system, I have been diagnosed as having asthmatic symptoms and have to carry a rescue inhaler with me (AT ALL TIMES APPARENTLY)  I learned my lesson over the weekend taking my dog and going for a walk with my daughter and hers!  Forgot inhaler, cut walk short and came home!  Struggling to breath is not fun!  I wasn't like this when I smoked....Seems like things go worse once I quit!  But, believe you/me!  I will never go back to smoking ever! 

indingrl

CONGRATS on 309 days on living as a non smoker-good job!

Sandy-9-17-17

Thanks Indi!  I am so happy being a chain non smoker! Never thought this would be me some day!  But it is!

0 Kudos
Barbara145

My advice is find a good ENT doctor.  I get exams because we are at risk for head and neck cancers. The symptoms you are having need to be checked.  Congrats on almost year!

AnnetteMM

I've had some congestion lately too...I blame it on muggy weather.

Sandy-9-17-17

We definitely have the muggy weather going on here, that's when I find it difficult to breath!  I don't really have any chest congestion, just a bit of congestion in my throat!  My cough is dry!  One would think it wouldn't be though for as long as I have smoked.

0 Kudos