heidiv07

24 Hours So Far!

Discussion created by heidiv07 on Jul 22, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 24, 2018 by princessdeborahd

Hello! I know it's not much, but I am so happy to have made it 24 hours so far. This is my 3rd serious quit and I just know this will be the final one. Trhe first two times I quit was when I was pregnant with my sons. I stayed quit and both times until they were 3 months old and I finished breastfeeding and my maternity leave was over. I think my problem with those quits were because I felt like I had to quit, and did not want to quit. The whole time I was pregnant I would just keep thinking about how I can't wait until I can enjoy a cigarette again. This time I am doing it for me and my own health. My asthma has gotten worse over the years and I can't stand not being able to breathe all day. So far these 24 hours have not been too bad at all. I am using the patch and it is helping a lot. My only issues with it are the redness and itchiness when I first put it on and it making my whole arm feel like i got punched hard all day. But I think it's worth the slight discomfort. I've had a few mental cravings, but nothing that was too terrible. I am going to call my Dr tomorrow too because I am starting to have an even harder time breathing and may need to adjust my asthma meds. I am so glad I found this site so I can document my journey and talk to other quitters. Have a 

Outcomes