cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

My Nightmare

OK. Maybe not my only nightmare but this one is very high on my list:

Woman suffers facial burns after discarded cigarette hits oxygen tank | Metro News 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
freeneasy

Very scary!  I smoked while driving and always felt bad about it.(I did not toss butts out of  the window) It's dangerous for everyone. Thanks Thomas

Mandolinrain

I recall stopping my car because I thought when I threw it out the window , it went into the backseat!

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

I recently heard a news story of a house that exploded because someone was smoking too close to their oxygen tank.  Indeed very scary.  I have seen folks take off their oxygen just long enough to smoke a cigarette.  Makes me very thankful that I broke free of the addiction.

SimplySheri

I see it all the time here unfortunately.  Very sad and dangerous  

0 Kudos
IrishRose

It annoys me when someone tosses a cancer stick out of a car window.  I have seen sparks flying into people on motorcycles.  UGH! 

I can understand your fear, Thomas, considering how many inconsiderate and/or totally oblivious people are out there in this big world we live in.

I also hope you have a stupendously good day, My Dear Friend!!!!!!

((((Hug)))) for you.

Irish Rose

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Not to even MENTION the threat of wildfires all over the country with the dry summer we are having.  People just don't THINK anymore - I swear!

Glad she was not hurt more seriously.

0 Kudos
KMC56

Just adds to the proof of this strength of this addiction that we'd be willing take that risk just to smoke, nightmare for sure!  My other visual nightmare would be me smoking through a hole in my throat...I`ve seen this SOO many times out in public.  All the more reason to stay firm in you N.O.P.E.

Hugs Thomas!

~Kathy

0 Kudos
elvan

That is terrifying...I carried an ashtray with me in the car so that would not be a temptation.  I never even considered all of the places a butt could land.  I know that my oldest daughter tossed one out of her car back when she was smoking and it landed on the hood of a Park Ranger's car...he pulled her over and gave her quite a lecture.  I don't think she did it again after that.

My friend's father is supposed to be on oxygen 24/7 but he smokes two packs a day...he turns it off, his kids also smoke in his room, it makes me CRAZY.  I haven't been in that house in over a year and that's the biggest reason.  Powerful addiction...

Hugs to you Thomas,

Ellen

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Major nightmare!

0 Kudos