cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Coughing up blood now.

Hi,

I have recently started coughing up blood in the past couple of weeks. I have also had an extremely painful abdominim and feel very nauseated. Friends say unless I cough out all the blood that will be causing my feeling of illness. It is almost impossible to not swallow the bloody phlegm in the night time. But my doctor and Community health nurse has not said anything about this subject? They put me on prescriptions for Dilaudid and Prochlororazine.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://cancerconnection.ca/discussions/viewtopic/68/51744
Motion graphics video studio

Thanks!

0 Kudos
12 Replies

Not a doctor, sorry

YoungAtHeart

Anyone who is coughing up blood has a serious problem.  No doctor here - but I would highly recommend you find another doctor for a second opinion.  I would also highly recommend you insist on a chest x-ray.

Nancy

Sandy-9-17-17

I think you need to see a doctor!  Not enough information, but do you have a cold? Cancer?  Just not sure you should be looking for answers here.  Blood means you're bleeding somewhere, and same answer here....I'm not a doctor, but if you're not getting answers from your doctor or nurse, then emergency is where you should go next!

Sorry can't be of more help!

elvan

I am not a doctor either but you need to find one who will pay attention to what you are going through.  If I were you I would get a small jar and cough up the bloody phlegm into it to SHOW the doctor.  Have they given you any diagnosis?  Do they think the blood is coming from your digestive tract or your throat or your lungs?  Dilaudid is a pretty heavy duty pain medication that is not given out often.  Please seek a second opinion.

Wishing you the best.

Ellen

GyorgyiM

Try not to over process but rather educate yourself, and take the advice from all of the post's above.
Seek out a professional in whatever capacity you can....
I hope you feel better...
Coughing up blood (hemoptysis) can be a sign of a serious medical condition. Infections, cancer, and problems in blood vessels or in the lungs themselves can be responsible. Coughing up blood generally requires medical evaluation unless the hemoptysis is due to bronchitis.Nov 18, 2017
Christine13

Please get help, go to the ER.

Barbara145

So sorry.  Have you been diagnosed with a terminal illness?  If not my advice is go to an ER.  God bless you.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

How are you doing BenjaminJohnson

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Truly the best person to answer this question is your Doctor.  Although many of us have medical backgrounds it would be very unethical to advise you on this situation except to tell you to see your Doctor or go the the nearest Emergency Room.

Hopefully you have been seen by now by a MD?

How are you doing?

Prayers being sent. I only just saw this post.