cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Waynemoye62

Doing great

I'm sorry that I haven't been on here in a few days. I've had a lot of things going on. I just want everyone to know how great I have been doing. It has been 20 days since my last cigarette. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks. I can't believe I have been doing so well. I have been using my equate nicotine patches. My day 2 was the worst it seem like I wanted one all day. Other days have been a little struggle but every time I would get a craving I would get myself busy and thinking about other things and it seems within minutes the cravings went away. Also I shared in the very beginning that my wife was going to continue smoking. I said then that you can't tell someone they need to quit, they had to decide that on their own. She has seen how good I've done and told me last night that she was going to try to quit. Instead of going out today and buying her a carton of cigarettes instead I bought her the equate nicotine patches. The cost was less then a carton of cigarettes. I am sure that she will do fine. I tried to talk her into joining the site but she has decided to do it on her own but she will have my support. I want to thank everyone who has message me advice and support. I will do the best I can to support others and message them with the best advice that I could give

Tags (1)
18 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations Wayne, Keep on keeping on.  Remember we are here when you need us.  You are doing great.  I knew you could.

0 Kudos
Waynemoye62

Thank you, and I think I will always need you and your support

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018, 9:07 PM JACKIE1-25-15 <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

congratulations.jpg

Giulia

Other days have been a little struggle but every time I would get a craving I would get myself busy and thinking about other things and it seems within minutes the cravings went away. "

You have found one of the keys to a successful quit - changing focus.  It's one of the tools we use to get through cravings.  But it takes work.  Because it's not that easy to change focus when a craving is SCREAMING AT YOU!  lol  But work pays off in this quitting business.   Deep, slow breathing is another tool that helps.  You're very young in your quit, but you have gained knowledge.  Keep learning.  I have been quit for over 12 years and I never stop learning about this addiction and my relationship to it.  I suspect that's why I have such a long-term quit.

"I will do the best I can to support others and message them with the best advice that I could give" - that too is one of the keys to a successful quit - passing on the learning that you have gotten that works for you on your journey to freedom.  And everything you pass on is a reinforcement of your own positive, strong, quit commitment.  So keep passing it on!  

Don't forget, your wife has her own journey to come to terms with.  Keep setting the great example that you are but don't push her.  Speaking from my own experience, I was pushed by my husband and it created the opposite effect of the intention.

Waynemoye62

Thank you so much for your support and your comment

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018, 10:21 AM Youngatheart.7.4.12 <

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on your 3 weeks Wayne.  You're off to a great start on this journey.  Hope your wife does as well as you.   

126 DOF

Waynemoye62

Thank you very much

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018, 7:17 AM Barbscloud <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Good to hear how well you are doing - and WONDERFUL to hear that you have provided that shining example for your wife to follow.

Two quitters is always better than one!!!

Nancy

elvan

CONGRATULATIONS, you really ARE doing great!  Three weeks is awesome.  I hope your wife does beautifully, at least she will have you there to support her and you will know what she is going through.

Ellen