cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jennifer-Quit

Weight Watchers?

Hello everyone!  A found this group and was curious if anyone would be interested in sharing dieting tips,  tricks, and recipes.  I joined Weight Watchers a little over 4 weeks ago and have been successful in dropping a few pounds.  I know that JACKIE1-25-15roller831‌  both belong to WW and have been successful in dropping lbs.    Anyone interested in  healthy eating is encouraged to participate here.   

My best new find of the week is Good Thins Corn and Sea Salt Crackers - for 41 crackers it is only 3 WW points!  They taste a lot like corn chips.  I see a Chili pie in my future - as soon as it cools off a bit.  We hit 100 degrees today so it has been difficult to keep up with my walking program but doing OK with it thanks to the indoor track at our community center. 

IMG_0175.JPG

24 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

That looks like a good find.  I will have to check them out since I do love corn chips. 41 pieces 3 points. got to have them. 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

There are several different flavors - sweet potato, garlic and herb, etc.  But have not tried them all - lol  17 pcs is only 1 point - so a good snack  

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I have had the sweet potato, I get carried away and have to discard them. 

0 Kudos
Sootie

I do the same Jennifer! I was really into these Asian Rice Crackers for awhile and got so many that they got stale before I could eat all of them! I love fruit but sometimes, I can't keep it long enough to eat all of it....hate when it goes bad and I have to toss it.

0 Kudos
TW517

I'm a big fan of Weight Watchers.  I gained 26 lbs within 3 months of my quit, held that for about 5 months, then with WW I dropped it all (plus a little) in 12 weeks.  My doctor chastised me (after the fact) because she thought WW emphasized low-fat over low-sugar too much.  I don't know about that, but it worked for me, and I haven't gained any of it back since I reached my goal last April. I just did the online version (no meetings) and loved it. I'll see if I can dig up any of my old recipes.  The one I remember was pancakes made from mixing eggs and bananas (play around with portions to taste) and put on a griddle.  Layer with a pancake, a dollop of plain fat-free greek yogurt, some warmed up mixed berries, then those 3 again, then maybe again.  I warmed up a frozen berry mix on the stove to get some juices released.  You can stuff yourself with these and it costs you 0 points!

Jennifer-Quit

Well too much of anything isn't good.  I was told that just because a food is zero points does not mean you can over load on it.   Congrats on your weight loss - really inspires me!

Jennifer-Quit

Got to try that recipe!  Yum!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

BTW you are a beast at walking.  I have a hard time keeping up with you. lol

Jennifer-Quit

I have to set my personal goal on the steps - and try to not stress over what anyone else is doing.  Taking baby steps - will add more than walking when it feels right,