cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

I'm Missing My Meow Like You'd Miss A Cigarette

I took Hoggie to the vet this morning for his annual checkup and a rabies shot. Last year they said his kidneys were showing first signs of kidney disease and suggested he go on a renal diet.  He doesn't like the same food days in a row so it's been hit and miss.

Today they said it was advisable to check to see if there is further damage.

They wanted $189 for just a urine test and $283 for urine and a comprehensive blood panel.which would indicate any irregularities in the liver and other organs 

Problem is they couldn't get any urine so I had to leave him. 

You can't do a urine test without any urine.

Why is lab work so expensive?

Not hearing him when it is so normal and expected is so similar to missing your smoking routine when you've first quit.  I find myself thinking "I wonder where he is?" about every 30 minutes.

Now I'm starting to worry something is wrong.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Oh, my - another of life's curve balls.  Don't swing at it!!!!

Hopefully they won't have to keep him long!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Hoping that everything turns out OK.  My cat seems to be prone to hairballs so I changed up her diet a bit.  She seems to have adjusted to it.  She is terrified of thunder.  It thundered some today and she hid in the kitchen and literally cried.  Just broke my heart.  Anyway, sending good thoughts for you and Hoggie.  Will he get to come home tomorrow? Or maybe later today?  I forget there is a couple hours difference in our time.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Aaah Dale I feel for you I'm praying everything is okay with Hoggie he's a big part of this community through you big hug for you and a hug for our Hoggie when you get him home,Veterinary lab work is really expensive here in Canada too and I don't understand why!

He's home and was eating and drinking.

I don't think he is comfortable being put in strange place and stuck in a cage. 

I won't know anything until the labs are back.

karenjones

Dale, would you be comfortable in a strange place in a small cage lol?  Don't worry so much. I thought Hoggie was a dog, but seem s he is a cat??  At any rate Hoggie is a lucky animal, to be with you. Some people don't care for theeir peets  like they should.  They smoke around them and don't take them to the vets.  You are good to pets.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Glad your meow is back.  Hope there is no bad kidney problem advancement.

0 Kudos
Barbara145

So glad Hoggie is back with you.  They charge so much because they can. Praying for good test results.  Keep him on the food they told you to.  He will eat it eventually, ( I am a big talker.  I am a woos when it comes to my dog.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Sending up prayers for Hoagie. Glad he is home and will pray for good test results. 

0 Kudos
Strudel

I'm glad that he's back home! I hope that the tests turn out okay - please keep us posted. 

0 Kudos