Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CleanBee

I’m new here

why don’t I see anyone on here in2018? Everyone I see posted in 2017

11 Replies
Strudel

Welcome to the site! The support here is great! You can click on the pencil icon and then write a question (as you did) or write a "blog post" and others will comment on it.  Again - welcome and congrats on deciding to quit! 

0 Kudos
Sootie

Wherever you posted this is the RIGHT place. Not sure where you are seeing 2017 posts but we are all here and it's a very active current community. Have you quit yet or is your quit date still coming up? Have you done any reading on the subject of quitting. Arming yourself with knowledge about this addiction and how it will feel when you quit is the first step to success. Try whyquit.com for some excellent articles on quitting. right her at EX is where you will get the best day by day (even minute by minute!) support while you adjust to your "new normal" of freedom from nicotine.

Reach out whenever you need to...post right here and many people will respond.

Stay Strong.

CleanBee

Thank you  for your encouraging words  Sootie.  I started my quit smoking journey again in March 2018. I  quit several years ago for three months but stress brought me back to pack a day.  This time I took two smoking cessation classes, using gum and patches successfully for 30 days but stress always brought me back to smoking. I’d smoke for a couple days and do another 30 days smoke-free. Kind of on a yo-yo now.  My new quick date now is July 7, 2018   However I’m not sure I’m considered a real non-smoker if I am using a e-cigarette.  Hummm 

0 Kudos
karenjones

Hmmmmm..... date today July 14, 2018. 

0 Kudos
shashort

Welcome to EX it is a great place for support. Read all you can on this addiction and read lots of peoples blogs here to see how they handle their quits.  We are here for you and eager to follow your progress. Lets us know how we can help.  Might write a blog and let us know more about you like when or have you quit, how long you smoked ect.  Stay close and connected to this site. It was my everything in my quit and don;t think I would have survived my quit without this wonderful group.

0 Kudos
elvan

Glad you are here, hope you are finding your way around a little better.  You are NOT alone, we are here and we are all on the same journey.

Ellen

0 Kudos
juliafair

I've been trying to stop smoking since 7-19-18. I'm trying to redirect my anxiety and stress, but sometimes it feels unbearable. I've slipped up a couple of times. I really want to quit for good, as seeing how expensive it really is for me. My urges seems to overwhelm me and I don't know how to stop it. My doctor said because of my health problems, he refuses to give me chantix. I've tried patches and lozenges, but they don't seem to help much. The only thing that seems to work is mints for now. I really want to be rid of this problem smoking! I've been a smoker since 18 and I'm 49 now. I've noticed that I have been a yo yo emotionally. HELP! Julia 

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

Have you been reading through the posts here, Julia?  There is so much information that can help you!  I don't know how to link blogs here unfortunately, but you will get some responses from people who can.  What I can tell you is that NRTs can help ease some of the discomforts of quitting but they can't quit for you.  It's up to you to remain smoke free.  If you have health problems, it's really good that you are quitting!!  Once you quit, know that there is no failing because you can't smoke anymore.  Then it's just a matter of replacing your addiction with healthier habits!!  Make a list of all the things you love to do and then do them when a craving hits.  Choose your favorite hard candy or gum, drink lots of water, do some yoga or other physical activity....do anything else you want to do!!  You can quit   I believe in you!

Sheri

0 Kudos
elvan

Welcome to EX...you CAN do this if you are willing to commit to it no matter how hard it might be.  It is not an easy journey but it IS a journey...one day at a time...sometimes one moment or one experience at a time.  The more distance you put between yourself and smoking, the stronger you will get.  I suggest reading a blog by JonesCarpeDiem‌ that I read over and over again when I started.../blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months  I also suggest having a plan...you can get that from the EX site..My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX   I used the mantra NOPE when I started...Not One Puff Ever and it helped me more than I can tell you.  It was easy to remember and to repeat over and over again...silently, quietly, or our loud.  Quitting is not an event...remember the journey part...please also remember that we have all started at the beginning and that there are no shortcuts, "The only way out is through".  Every smoke free day, you will get stronger and more confident...it's the absolute truth.  I smoked for 47 years but thanks to this site and the amazing support from here, I have not smoked in 4 1/2 years.  I did not get away unscathed, I have COPD and the damage to my lungs is irreversible, I would not wish this disease on anyone.  Take this one experience at a time and know that you are not on this journey alone...we are all here with you, we all started at the beginning, and we all want you to succeed.

Best,

Ellen

0 Kudos