Kellybeth

6048 cigerettes

Discussion created by Kellybeth on Jul 9, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2018 by pgroce

I haven't been here in a while. I have come to look around but very rarely post anything. I got an email congratulating me for my 500 days smoke free. I'm glad you guys are keeping track! LOL. Today has been 504 days smoke free. I smoked an average of 12 cigarettes a day. That means that if I hadn't quit I would have smoked 6048 since February of last year. Wow. That is crazy to think about it like that. That's 302.4 packs of cigarettes. I am stunned and sad and proud and disgusted all at the same time. I have mentioned this before but my Husband still continues to smoke. He smokes about double what I did. So in the time I have been smoke free he has smoked 12080 cigarettes. I am speechless. It is catching up to him. He has a nagging cough and gags and coughs with his first smoke of the day. His sister died 2 days before Christmas and now his mothers health is declining all from smoking. His entire family smokes. I went to a 4th of July party and I was the only adult NOT smoking. THE ONLY ONE!!! I actually left the party early because of it.  I was talking to my neighbor who said  she needs to quit. She asked me how I did it and I told her you have to be ready, and I was ready. It was my time to take my health into my own hands and not to have a stupid addiction telling me how to live my life. It hasn't been easy but I did it and that's pretty bad ass!

Outcomes