cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kellybeth

6048 cigerettes

I haven't been here in a while. I have come to look around but very rarely post anything. I got an email congratulating me for my 500 days smoke free. I'm glad you guys are keeping track! LOL. Today has been 504 days smoke free. I smoked an average of 12 cigarettes a day. That means that if I hadn't quit I would have smoked 6048 since February of last year. Wow. That is crazy to think about it like that. That's 302.4 packs of cigarettes. I am stunned and sad and proud and disgusted all at the same time. I have mentioned this before but my Husband still continues to smoke. He smokes about double what I did. So in the time I have been smoke free he has smoked 12080 cigarettes. I am speechless. It is catching up to him. He has a nagging cough and gags and coughs with his first smoke of the day. His sister died 2 days before Christmas and now his mothers health is declining all from smoking. His entire family smokes. I went to a 4th of July party and I was the only adult NOT smoking. THE ONLY ONE!!! I actually left the party early because of it.  I was talking to my neighbor who said  she needs to quit. She asked me how I did it and I told her you have to be ready, and I was ready. It was my time to take my health into my own hands and not to have a stupid addiction telling me how to live my life. It hasn't been easy but I did it and that's pretty bad ass!

13 Replies
Sandy-9-17-17

That is very bad ass!  Congrats on your 504 days free!   I probably would have left the party too, I hate the smell anymore, whether it be in the air, or on my clothes and hair....I do not miss this addiction at all!  It is a stinky one that's for sure!  

Maybe you'll be showing her how to quit before you know it!  I hope so!  Nice to see you here!  All the best to your new life of freedom from smoking!  Bad Ass!  Totally!

Sandy 295 Days Of Freedom

HealthyOrange

Congratulations on your 504 days!  VERY Bad Ass indeed!!!

com.hamrahyar.essential504words_512x512.png

Barb102

I’m going to be bad ass like you someday

Barb. 172 DOF

elvan

I am so proud of you, so sorry that your husband and his family continue to smoke.  Next time your neighbor asks you...tell her about becomeanex.org because it's all about education, commitment, and support.  I think more than one person here would say they really did not feel "ready" although I always thought that as well.  You have to be WILLING to go through some big changes.  It is so worth it and YOU, my friend, sound amazing.

Big hugs,

Ellen

indingrl

CONGRATS 504 NON SMOKER LIVING DAYS.... Good job!

Barbscloud

Thanks for the inspiration!

119 DOF

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats.  You can always check your stats here: https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/Kellybeth/apps/truthinitiative-my-quit-stats-jive-addon-my... 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

Kudos on the 6,048 cigarettes you haven't inhaled into your lungs!  BRAVA!!!!

Rick_M

Yes that is bad ass. Good for you. Let all of the others smoke their life away, not ur problem..You stay with ur quit.Congrats to you 504 days, ya know what 1000 days feels even better and I am betting on you to make it there...