cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mroseforte

Trigggerrrr

I have to clean my house today without smoking it’s huge trigger for me !!

I really messed up by not illuminating this trigger before I quit   Greens are hired stay 11 I have to do this I really need some support I would like vacuum to go outside have a couple of puffs  and come back in mop go outside have one or two puffs  It was a sick ritual anyway I need to be broken LOL  I can’t myself amused I thought I was happy but I was miserable and now the cravings are high and I have to clean my house !!

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Mroseforte

Sorry that text was so bad !! I was using voice text.. but if Anyone Can relate I would love to hear from you

YoungAtHeart

Put some music on LOUD and dance to it as you clean..or sing out loud with it!   Keep a cold bottle of water from which to sip handy.  Chocolate can be the answer to anything.  Try frozen grapes!  Do something different on your breaks.  Do a few jumping jacks!  Change up your routine!

This takes WORK in the beginning, but I promise you it will be worth it!

Hang in there!

Nancy

Mroseforte

Thank u soo much!! I decided to cook first and definitely not as hoped up with a full belly !! Let the cleaning and the music begin       

SimplySheri

Nancy is so right....music really helped me.  And I did used to break up housecleaning with smoke breaks.  So rather than a smoke break, I would take 'fun' breaks.  Sometimes it would just be a butterscotch candy and cup of coffee (I loved the flavors!) and other times it would be reading a favorite book for 15 minutes or calling my son and chatting.  So, in other words, I'm just suggesting to find things that make you happy and do those things!!  Often, if possible  

Sheri

Mroseforte

Awesome thank you !! We really appreciate it!

maryfreecig

Boldly breath in clean, mostly unadulterated fresh air. Ham it up. If you find yourself pining for your old pal, exagerate the wound of loss--play act that you are greatly agrieved to be without. Doing these kinds of things might be a way of shaking loose old thinking--at least for a moment--and sometimes that's all that matters. When I go way off track emotionally, sometimes I pull out my imaginary violin and start bowing! 

JACKIE1-25-15

As you are cleaning, think that you are getting rid of all the scent of smoke, and the nicotine residue that you no longer want to be a part of.  Clean Clean Clean. Put on Pharrell Williams "Happy" and Go!.  Light scented candles to change the atmosphere.  It's a party while you work. Dance around the room.  Be happy. 

Take some baking soda and mix it with ground rosemary. Sprinkle it before vacuuming. You will notice an incredibly clean, fresh smell. When break time comes just breathe deeply - count to 3 as you inhale and to 4 while exhaling. Repeat about 5 times. Follow with a muscles scan from head to toe (or visa-versa.) Then thank yourself for honoring your body, your health, and your home!

Barbscloud

I'm a little late, but this too shall pass.  This has been a hard one for me also.  Cleaning and working in the yard is accompanied by cigarette breaks.    Actually, one of the things I do when I take a break now is get on the Ex and read for a few.

119 DOF