cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Some People Have Trouble With Coffee

I say, spread it on the sidewalk and hose it into the shrubs.

Seriously though:

If you think you can't drink coffee without smoking, try drinking it with your other hand

or

in a different place

This will break the old thought pattern.

breaking your routine is key

5 Replies
freeneasy

I love coffee. When I quit smoking I put a nicotine lozenge in my mouth between sips. I didn't do that though in the presence of other people. I quit doing that after  2 -3 weeks.

0 Kudos
elvan

I was afraid that coffee would be a trigger so I switched to green tea but I never drank coffee and smoked at the same time.  I smoked outside, I drank coffee inside.  Once I remembered that...I was able to drink coffee, just not very much.  I used to drink a POT...when I think of that now, I feel sick to my stomach.  NOW, I drink one mug in the morning, no more.  I am much more sensitive to caffeine now so I don't set myself up.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

When I first quit smoking I thought coffee would be a trigger for me.  I went several days without. I decided to follow the elders' instructions. When the suggestion came to change the hand that you normally drink coffee with, I decided to use both hands.  It worked.  I thought coffee would be a trigger for me and it wasn't.  I was missing the true taste of coffee.  

0 Kudos
IrishRose

LOL; good one, Carp Man!

Irish Rose 

0 Kudos
Jerica_82

I never really put the two together but I have noticed that I've cut back on my coffee drinking drastically since quitting smoking.  Too much makes me feel sick.  Also it seems to really aggravate my reflux issues. I still love my coffee but in moderation now. Lol