cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

NML & Inbetweener Weekly Check In - Getting to know you - 7/9/2018

We do this blog every Monday to offer encouragement and camaraderie to those in No Man’s Land -- months 2-3-4 of a quit and for those somewhere in-between who have less than 1 year of a quit. Regardless of how long you’ve been quit, anyone who likes the conversation and wants to offer support is welcome to participate!

This week’s topic: Getting to know your fellow NMLers and In-betweeners!

1. If you had to eat one meal everyday for the rest of your life what would it be?

2. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?

3. If you had to teach a class on one thing, what would you teach?

If you're in NML right now, give a shout!  Reach out and find each other! 

Click here to read Dale’s helpful blog about No Man’s Land:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... 

Click here to read what to expect in the first four months:  /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months?sr=search...

Checking in here will help you get through NML and on your way to the first year where you can celebrate being in the 6% Club and graduate to eventually become an Elder!

Please let me know if you are interested in posting the NML Weekly Check In.  I am happy to continue it, share it, or pass it to the nEXt EXer in NML who is ready, willing, and able.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnnetteMM

I love it when you come up with these questions!

1.  Breakfast!  I could eat eggs and potatoes every day all day for the rest of my life.

2.  Best advice - You can only control yourself. (When you think about it, it's very much like what Grandma used to say:  "Keep your nose out of everyone else's business" LOL)

3.  I could probably teach a class about being organized.  I can organize anything, and I love doing it!  As we speak, I am  preparing command strip picture hangers ahead of time, separating them and putting them in little white baskets.

Roller831

1.  Buffalo Wings!  Hot Buffalo Wings.  I have such a weakness for them.  I could go really specific and say Buffalo Wings & Rings located in Tallahassee, FL (where I went to college) or recently Wing Stop.  

2.  Best advice - This is tough because there are a few....do what you love, love what you do, make sure it pays the bills.  One step and then another will get you where you want to be.  SMILE!

3.  If I had to teach a class on one thing it would be acceptance of those who are different from you.  The difference could be physical, mental, cognitive, etc.  I would love to teach everyone about acceptance.  It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree, but we should be accepting of everyone because you just don't know until you walk in their shoes (which can be impossible in some circumstances).

0 Kudos