cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Zucchinni Up!

I picked my first zucchini today.  I am so EXcited.  The last few days have been EXtremely hot and the garden required EXtra attention to make sure it was water properly.  I had been looking for days because I had lots of flowers on the plant but no vegetable. The plant in itself is HUGE.  I kept thinking I was missing them or the animal that had been trespassing in my garden was eating them before they matured.  Today I saw one and I am very proud to present my lone Zucchinni.  I got a few cukes also but this is the prize.  lol Can't wait to decide what I am going to do with it.  I will be checking recipes. 

zuchinni.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
5 Replies
RachelMB

Looks good Miss Jackie!  Zucchini is so versatile-you can do so many things with it!    Enjoy!

Rachel

I love zucchini!  I wish i was as talented as you to grow vegetables!  A house and a yard might help too

Jennifer-Quit

That looks good Jackie!  You will get a lot from one plant - patience dear!

JACKIE1-25-15

Thanks, I usually get a lot of zucchini and I freeze it, but there is nothing like fresh.  Looks like I am going to have some long awaited noodles with pasta sauce.    They are getting pricey in the store.  I have 3 large plants that are trying to overtake the garden.  I am glad that animal is not around right now.  Knock on wood. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

YAY!  How do you freeze them?  Cut them in slices and par boil for a minute first?

0 Kudos