cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

I quit

Thanks to Gayle F I have joined this group. My First day without smoking. Actually I quit Friday afternoon but using the 30th as my quit date.  Very shaky as on Prednisone and very short of breath and anxious. If I want to live I have to do this.

23 Replies
SaraPeach

Congrats on making it through day 1! I am on prednisone right now too, and I know it can make me anxious and moody.

Hate it but what do we do. Have to have it

GyorgyiM

WELCOME!! 

You've just opened the door to the rest of your life..............in Health, Happiness and Unconditional "Love"...

Help is on the way to get you through this.....

READ as much as you can, educate yourself and read our experiences...

YOU GOT THIS!!!! 

Miles of Smiles.............

Ty lots

Barbscloud

Welcome to Ex.   Congratulations on your first day won.  Reach out for help if and when you need it.  Stay close to this site and read, read, and read some more.   The support I've received here has made all the difference.  

111 DOF

Ty. I'm finding this site hard for me to find my way around. Can't even figure how to upload a pic after reading n re reading the article

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome. It looks like Gilamonster‌ and kelsmynme‌ are in the same city so you have some local support as well!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Yes Gila referred me here.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

pastedImage_1.png

Welcome to Ex.  Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things we have to do but it is doable It will test your emotions to the fullest.  The main thing is to prepare for those times by educating yourself on nicotine addiction and ways to distract.   Find things that will occupy your time and mind.  You will find that smoking took a lot of it.  It is a joy to be able to be smoke-free.  Embrace it.  Don't fight it.  Learn to breathe through the crisis.  Quitting smoking is about deprogramming the brain that you do not have to smoke.  Here is a simple one to start, when the urge hits tell yourself that you "don't do that anymore".  Stay close, read study blog ask questions.  Here is some reading to help you get started. Go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  click on the tabs and read and watch the videos.  Also, check out www.whyquit.com and read Nicotine 101 and My Journey to Freedom Home. The best is yet to come.  Hang tough, stay close. Enjoy your new life.