cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Fresher1

I just want to smoke!

Yikes!  This is bad.  I’m 78 days today and I just bought a pack!  I haven’t smoked any yet.  This is so crazy!  I want to.  I’ve been having urges a lot the past few days.  I’m about to have a meeting about my finances and I think I’m just very stressed about it.  I know smoking won’t make a difference. 

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Not too late to get rid of them...don't throw away your 78 days!  Smoking does not solve any of life's problems, only adds to them.

0 Kudos
bacardigirl

Nothing is worth lighting up again - hang in there - be that person who (whom?) every smoker wishes they could be in the heat of the moment. You have made it this far, so not worth throwing those 78 days away - aim for days 79 and then 80! You got this! Don't let nicotine win:(

0 Kudos

Get rid of them now! Do you really want to lose 78 days? I don’t think so. You will regret it.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

How are you doing Fresher1? I hope you destroyed the smokes and and will be going to sleep with 78 DOF and still counting, let us know how you are doing because we care and want to help you in any way we can. 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

No!

No!

No!

No!

NO!

Life is always going to happen...how you respond tells the tale.  Looking at your history, when it gets tough, you have caved - every time.  You have a decision to make whether to let the addiction win THIS time.  Just don't!

Let us know what you decide.  A crave never killed anybody; can't say the same for smoking.

Hang in there  - this WILL pass!

Nancy

shashort

NO!  THROW THEM AWAY!  Don't give up your quit you have 78 days of freedom. Do jumping jacks, run around the house and scream NOPE, punch a pillow, Just don't smoke. You CAN do this. Hang with us it will pass. Your in no mans land it can throw you all kinds of curves.  I hope you chose not to let the Nico dude win.

Barbara145

You are in NML (No Man's Land.)  Read about NML.  Things get much better after 130 days. You will be there before you know it.  Trust me it is so worth the struggle.  You are doing this.  Don't give up.

elvan

Oh PLEASE don't smoke, it will not do anything FOR you, it will not help your finances, it will not help with anything...don't give in and don't just throw those cigarettes away...DROWN THEM and TEAR them into pieces...it will be a cathartic move.  Hang on, we are here, we all want to help you, we have all had rough times.

Hugs,

Ellen

TurboRose

Dear Fresher1‌, I hope you've been able to resist opening that pack and having a smoke. It may appear that it's your best option but appearances can be deceiving. What triggered you? What happened that made you think having a smoke will make things better? One of the tools I used to help me was to 1st remind myself that something happened that triggered me into wanting to smoke and usually once I recognized that something triggered me, the desire to smoke began to diminish. Then I would put a straw in my mouth, drink something, eat some fruit or something to help me diminish the oral trigger. If it the trigger was still pulled, I'd do my best to distract myself and allow time to soothe the Nicotine beast. You can tame your beast. You tamed it for 78 days. Crack that whip one more day. Make today the day!

Sending love and light

TurboRose 366 DOF