cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge July 2018

pastedImage_1.png

Happy July everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

Did you know there are many countries which have their Independence Day during the month of July?  These include the United States, Belarus, Venezuela, Argentina, Belgium, the Bahamas, and the Maldives.  The national days for France and Canada occur in July as well.

7 Facts about the 7th month in History:

1847 – US Postage stamps went on sale for the first time

1985 – After an unsuccessful attempt to change its formula, Coca-Cola brings back the original formula as “Classic Coke”

1960 – Etch-A-Sketch goes on sale

1902 – The air conditioner gets invented

1955 – Disneyland opens in Anaheim, CA

1969 – Neil Armstrong becomes the first person to walk on the moon

1904 – Charles E. Minches of St. Louis, MO fills a pastry cone with two scoops of ice cream and the ice cream cone is invented.

Now that you have a few fun facts about July, it is time to pledge.

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
534 Replies
Roller831

Happy July!  I am happy to take shashort‌'s hand from June and pull her into July as I pledge not to smoke today NMW and EXtend my free hand to the nEXt EXer who chooses to pledge the same!

Roller 375 DOF

JACKIE1-25-15

Good morning, I am honored to take your hand Elder and extend my hand to the next person pledging not to smoke.  This day, week, month, year.  Not on my lips, not in my hands, not on my tongue, not in my lungs. not in my throat.  I will not choke.  1252 or 3 maybe.

shashort

OOps forgot this is the start of July lol Thanks for grabbing my hand and dragginh me in the right direction. 

elvan

Good morning JACKIE1-25-15‌ I am honored to take YOUR hand as I pledge not to smoke today, no matter what. I offer my free hand to the next person who want to start this month smoke free.

Ellen 1624 DOF

elvan

shashort‌ WHOSE hand did you take????  I am so confused.  I hate the morning after I worked.

AnnetteMM

Okay, so just in case it doesn't get settled, I'll take both elvan and shashort in one hand, and extend my other for the whole entire month of July!  And thank goodness A/C was invented!

wlh

Thanks for your hand elvan‌!  I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line.

Lynne 485 dof

Barb102

Thanks Lynne. I’m happy to take your hand and pledge not to smoke today. I offer my other hand to the next person to pledge 

Barb 164. DOF 

pktabron

Good  Morning Barb, I take your hand gratefully and pledge  not to smoke today!!!!   Day 2 NOPE

I offer my hand and prayers to the next person to pledge.

stay strong.

Pam