cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Waynemoye62

This is my day one

I have been reading a lot and The Closer I Get to my start date the more I read. I read a lot a things that will help me, like what to expect moving forward, the changes my body would go through, but what I've learned the most is that I don't have to do it alone. I have made several friends on this site and I hope to make a lot more. You're all so important to me with your information that you share and the support that you give

Tags (1)
6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I'm happy to hear you are doing the recommended reading and happier still that you are here with us.  We do care; we CAN make this your final quit......

Mandolinrain

Glad your here. Welcome and stop in often. I saw your post on the patch. Wish I could help you there but I didn't use patches. I am sure someone will be along to advise you though, soon.  Congrats on day WON!!!

Waynemoye62

Thanks very much

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018, 8:42 PM Mandolinrain <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

elvan

I am SO HAPPY for you.  This is absolutely not something you have to do alone and it is something that you CAN do one step at a time...baby steps count.  As long as you are staying smoke free, you are moving forward.  Congratulations.

mivida2018

I am happy for you. I have been free from smoking for 252 days. I remember when I first make the decision after 43 years of been a nicotine addict . I was afraid of failure ashamed of not making it. But I am glad I did my sister had COPD and  2 month ago she  left this world she never made it to be free from smoking and she is in heaven now. She used to smoke 2 packs a day. We used to smoke together.  So I think this is a good time for you to quit for good. Find help someone to talk about your feelings. This site has been a lot of help for me. In this year I lost first my Mother and then my sister  my Mother didn't smoke but she was 95 years old. Good Luck to you. And always remember never take another puff again.

0 Kudos
Waynemoye62

Thank you for sharing your story. Today is my week 1. It wasn't easy but I

have people like you to support me. I'm sorry about the tragedy that you

went through with your sister and mother. You must be pretty strong not to

have picked up on, I'm not sure I'm that strong. Thanks once again

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018, 2:21 PM mivida2018 <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>