cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Issue with Points: Post here!

Please read: If you have an opinion about points, please don't post it here. You can post your opinion in (/blogs/Mark-blog/2018/06/25/the-scoop-on-jive-rewards-badges-points-and-quests?sr=search&searchId=73...This post is only for reporting issues when points aren't accumulating.

If you encounter an issue where you are not receiving points. Please post here so I can let the support team know to investigate your account and restore the counter. 

Thanks!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Tags (3)
260 Replies
Pops

As of this morning, Friday, the 29th of Jun, my points started back up again, after being offline for about an entire month.  You wanted me to post here, so there you are.

Pops

0 Kudos
Pops

Mark,

I haven't been on the site much lately.  However, I noticed that the points (for me anyway) seem to be frozen again,???  Trivial for sure, but nonetheless, not working again.  The last time this happ;ened...you requested that I inform you here.  Please consider yourself informed.  Good luck, but don't lose any sleep over it.

Pops w/100 DOF!  And my counter works just fine...lol

0 Kudos

Thanks Pops‌.  I let the support team at Jive know.  Thanks also to AnnetteMM‌, JACKIE1-25-15‌ and Giulia‌ for reporting in as well. I'm sure it will be looked at Monday morning sometime.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

38340 for about a week

0 Kudos

Sorry AnnetteMM‌. Hopefully it will get sorted soon.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

FYI Mark  I just noticed my point total value has changed, finally after several days.  But the  specific (i.e. one-by-one accumulation in green e.g.:  is still blank.

0 Kudos

Are you talking 

pastedImage_1.png

vs

pastedImage_2.png

It appears to me you haven't earned any points today as you have no "gain" unless you lost the equivalent amount of points netting you to zero.

Jive is actively working on it as there are other sites affected as well.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Having tried to figure out a bit about how the point system works by pure observation, points are earned by people achieving "acclaims" on their posts (in other words "likes" and or perhaps "helpfuls", plus other things like when material is bookmarked, etc.)  I know this for a fact because I have watched my points accumulate on the leader board immediately after someone "liked" my content.   I haven't been watching my total point level but I have been observing how many points I need to get to Level 13.  That level has been steadily  decreasing day by day equivalent to the number of points earned (the green value in parens).  At least I think it's  equivalent.   No "level" point changes have taken place at all for several days until just now when I noticed the 6686.  (I've checked every time I get an acclaim.)  And EVERY single day I have seen a reduction in that value along with points earned, until the day it got "stuck."

It was showing in the 7000 range where it stopped accumulating  Suddenly it's dropped about 700 points, yet no earned points have shown up.   Wish I had taken a screenshot of it before it changed, but I believe it was around 7200.  Sheri gave me 1,000 points and it showed no accumulation of points in the green paren area.  But perhaps points given don't act the same way as points earned.

0 Kudos

Giulia

Your current points 233,314 + 6686 to level 13 = 240,000. It looks right by the math for the next level however you may not have received awarded points or points earned yet.  Hopefully everything will get recalculated in the future based on actual content posted and you'll retroactively get all the points you should have earned previously when we had interruptions previously.  

There are Mission levels based on mission progress, point levels (Leaderboard), Quests(earned) and Badges(given).  If you were 7,200 points from Point Level 13 your point total should have been around 232,800 at that time. Because you're not earning or being awarded points it doesn't appear that the points that you were given are showing up. Ellen looks as though she was awarded some points today but she must have lost some as well because +939 is showing for her total gain for the day so far as I think she was awarded 1000 points.  Perhaps she gave some away as well.. Believe both earned and awarded points show up in the daily gain/loss numbers.

Here is the point level structure.

Level 0 = 0 Points

Level 1 = 100 Points

Level 2 = 300 Points

Level 3 = 600 Points

Level 4 = 1,000 Points

Level 5 = 1,900 Points

Level 6 = 3,600 Points

Level 7 = 6,600 Points

Level 8 = 12,000 Points

Level 9 = 21,000 Points

Level 10 = 39,000 Points