cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

andrewrabey

patch

Hello i have been useing patch one thing i find is it seams they dont want to stay on till the end of the day is there a trick to keep a patch on , they say you can swim and shower with a patch on i dont see how thats possible any advice 

Thaks 

5 Replies
Barbara145

Make sure your skin is clean and dry.  Hold the patch and press for a couple of minutes.  I could swim with them.  I did however lose a couple. 

princessdeb

andrewrabey hi...I used the patch on one of my quits and had a difficult time getting them to stick...the directions said place on a clean dry hairless spot.  I did and put a large bandaid over it to keep it in place. After several days, my skin got red and itchy.  I stopped using them and went to the lozenges.  I started the lozenges 16 days ago and have been weaning myself down from 4mg to 2 mg and am almost making it a full 24 hours without them!  Try medical tape or bandaids.

Deborah 16 DOF 

elvan

I have heard some people try putting them on different places on their bodies where they are less likely to sweat.  I didn't use them so I don't have any experience...just going by what I have heard.

freeneasy

I put them on my upper arm below my shoulder and switched arms every day. I never had them come off.

lacimae84

I'm using the patch right now. I put some medical tape over it before I get in the shower. Use the tape to make an X and it will stay all day.