cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

I need support!!!

I’ve tried quitting for years on my own, never asking for help! PLEASE HELP!!  Today is my day!!! I’m not even sure what I’m asking for! I know I’m super anxious, feeling like I need to be doing something. How does this excommunity work exactly??? 

21 Replies
GyorgyiM

Welcome!!!

Hold onto your chair cuz  the best is yet to come...............!!!

Miles of Smiles................

Barbscloud

Welcome.  What you're asking for is support.  If you need help, reach out when you need it.  Don't wait.  Do you have your quit plan in place for when the cravings hit?   We're here for you.

98DOF

Tennesseetex

Slow down... take a deep breath.... and BREATHE. 🙂

A few suggestions:

Change your MIND SET - don't tell yourself you can NEVER smoke again... that's a false statement.

You can smoke anytime YOU want.

Instead - tell yourself, the next time the urge comes, that YOU choose not to smoke this one time.

Make a small note on a Post-It and stick it inside the pack wrapper, that says - I CAN CHOOSE TO SMOKE WHEN I WANT.

Every time you think about having a smoke, you'll see it and read it, and YOU'LL make the decision to smoke that one cigarette or not.

Changing YOUR mind-set is key.

Don't tell yourself .. " I can never...",

Instead think.. " I choose not too at this time..."

Take it one urge at a time.  🙂

annams

You are exactly right!  It even feels better to say...”I choose not to smoke “ 

Thank You. I’m thrilled to know someone is not only listening, but you care enough to answer! 

Hi. Welcome to ex.  Take a deep breath and relax.  I would recommend browsing around on this site and read read read.  You can read anyone of our quit journeys.  Just click on the persons profile picture (avatar) and click content. That will bring you to all that persons blogs.  Have you read The Easy Way by Allen Carr? I highly recommend it. It will calm your nerves and change the way you think of smoking.  I also tried quitting multiple times. I am almost 3 years quit and I owe a huge part of my success to this site and all the wonderful friends I have made.  So, blog anytime, read, ask for help. Below is a link to things you can do instead of smoking.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2008/05/03/things-to-do-instead-of-smoking 

I haven’t gotten the book yet but after reading and reading and yes I will keep reading I plan on getting the book!!! Thanks for the encouragement!!! Day 2 is going pretty well so far 

0 Kudos
annams

Thanks so much. I will certainly check out The easy way.

❤️

0 Kudos
Lisaml

Welcome! You will have an abundance of support here! One day at time;-) 

elvan

I just responded to another blog of yours...this is one day at a time, welcome to EX, we ALL want you to succeed.  We have all been where you are, "The only way out is through."

Ellen