cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hattonc

Very close to quit day.

Hello everyone...hope everyone is doing well..my quit day is approaching fast...June 17..I've been so nervous...but I truly want this ..I haven't really prepared..just going to throw everything away...I hope I can do this ...stress is so much more these days than when I quit before .  But I know either way..smoking DOESN'T HELP!!!...I read posts here daily ..and I want to catch up with everyone....wait for me...I do need so much support.,thanks everyone......

7 Replies
Daniela2016

And you will get the support you need, do not be scared.  This is not easy, but it is not by far as hard as one might think.

We are all doing it one day at the time.

If you want to learn some stuff ahead of time, it is highly recommended.

Here are some links for you

For Our New Years' Quitters (and community members, too) 

My Welcome To New Members (10 Years Of Watching) 

/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months 

Also Allan Carr's book "the easy way to quit smoking" had helped me sever the last links with nicotine (e-cigarette).

Welcome, you are in the right place to get the support you need!

Daniela

MarilynH

Welcome to the community please read everything you can about quitting smoking and remaining quit because there's a wealth of information here to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb and start living a life of Freedom, you can do this upcoming quit believe it deep breaths and stick with N.O.P.E and vigilance and know that we're all here to help you in any way we can ,quitting smoking Is absolutely difficult to say the least but very Doable and totally worth it to be Free .....

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to EX you have come to the right place to quit smoking.  Quitting smoking is not easy but it is doable.  The most important thing is never making an EXcuse to smoke.  With a NOPE attitude you can quit but you do have to plan in order to prepare.  Start here if you have already. My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX . read and study to get started.

YoungAtHeart

Planning and preparation are important parts of a successful quit.  The better you get ready, the higher your chances will be to succeed.  I hope you will take this time before your date to do the work.

This isn't easy, but it IS doable.  Nobody ever died from quitting; the same can't be said for smoking!

Nancy

elvan

Oh, we ARE here and we will all do whatever we can to help you in every possible way.  Once you get a little time in...you KNOW it will get easier.  Hang on...

Hugs,

Ellen

Barbscloud

Tomorrow is the big day to celebrate.  We're here if you need help.  

Giulia

Why haven't you prepared?  Just curious.  A strong preparation can help ensure success.  /blogs/Giulia-blog/2018/03/01/quitting-is-a-skill-that-can-be-learned   You say stress is so much more these days.  Looking back at your previous blogs it seems that stress has always been present in your life.  And perhaps has been the cause of other relapses.  Would it not be prudent to get a handle on the stress or at least sit down and figure out what you'll do to prevent relapse during stressful times?  (Because stress is always going to be a part of our lives.)  That's what we mean about preparation.  It gives you the necessary tools to deal with situations that arise.

You're now 47.  You had a nice 6 month quit four years ago.  We want you to get that back and go beyond.  You can do this.  You've done it before.  Remember how you did it in the past.  You even had a 15 year quit.  You're very capable of doing this.  Stick close.  Have courage.  Cheering you on!