cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

What Do You Know Now That You Didn't Know When You Got Here?

2-7.jpg

Put on your thinking cap

44262FD700000578-4866016-image-a-20_1505119369623.jpg

Yes, you may scratch your head if that helps

200020.jpg

Okay, if you can't think of anything right now, I'm planting a seed for you to consider what you've learned,so,

that you can answer tomorrow. 

24 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Well I have learned (for one thing) that there is no such thing as "just one"!  Never worked for me and never will.....

MarilynH

I learned many mantras here in this community like N.O.P.E and N.E.F and H.A.L.T - to name just a few, by applying them on a daily basis then there's no way we can Fail   I know now that quitting smoking Is absolutely DOABLE .....

JACKIE1-25-15

I learned that quitting smoking is doable with support, education about the addiction along with determination and commitment.  With a NOPE no matter what, in your face, by any means necessary not to take a puff, I can be free.  That life happens and smoking will not cure anything.  That I can be free and not be chained to a stinking cigarette.  I hated them so much.  We do not have to smoke. Do I get an A?

MarilynH

I think you should get an A +  

she already has one A in her name.

What? 

you want

JACKIEA?  :

MarilynH

I'm smiling 

AnnetteMM

I have learned that after the first week, cravings aren't really physical anymore, they're psychological.  So I learned that they're more like memories of smoking, like nostalgia, seen through rose-colored glasses.  In other words, an ILLUSION.

TBenyi

I learned a lot more about the addiction and acronyms that help like NOPE. I also learned that a lot of people have been in the same boat as me which does make me feel a bit better.

freeneasy

That I didn't like smoking like I thought I did and really wasn't "giving it up". I was reclaiming freedom.