cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BeKind

Feeling bloated after quitting?

I'm going into my 9th quit day.  I actually put on some weight this winter, so on top of that and just quitting. I'm feeling extra bloated. My eating portions haven't changed. In fact, I'm eating more salads, whole grains, and fruits. I'm not much for strenuous exercising either. I get most my exercise through gardening and yoga.

I'm drinking lots of extra water to help flush the toxins out and milk thistle to help the cleanse.

Anyone else feeling bloated or gaining pounds?

24 Replies
Lisaml

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/Sandy-9-17-17/blog/2018/06/05/i-sound-like-a-broken-record...

sandy has written a lot on this subject. Maybe she can help you out;))) 

my weight gain was directly related to my snacking habits when I initially quit smoking. Chips, chocolate and Starbucks related.

I gave myself the first month to eat whatever I craved... 

gained about 3-5 pounds. 

Hope you find some answers !!;-) 

BeKind

Thank you! Her article is very helpful. I'm really trying to watch what I eat. I should try the ginger tea - I forgot about that one!

AnnetteMM

Right now I'm trying probiotics.  Jury's still out.

BeKind

I used to take probiotics - please let me know if you feel it helps.

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

Sandy wrote a great blog regarding this issue.

Blog Post

Check it out...

Miles of Smiles...

BeKind

It'll definitely be an experiment to see what works. I should keep a food diary.  

GyorgyiM

Great idea! I have been dealing with this issues for awhile now. Sometimes it's extremely uncomfortable....It's like I am starving but felt like I already ate a Turkey Dinner....seriously!!

I am keeping a food journal and have been educating myself regarding bloating, not smoking,etc...

Some days I feel okay.....others I just want to place my head onto another body!

Miles of Smiles....

JACKIE1-25-15

Sandy-9-17-17's Blogis a our researcher on the tummy bloat.  Go to her page and read what she had found.

elvan

I absolutely felt bloated...my digestive system slowed down because of the lack of nicotine and then I started really eating healthy...nearly put myself into a state of shock, LOL.  I felt bloated and also like I could not completely evacuate...it did get better as my body adjusted to a new normal.  Congratulations on 9 days and on your impending entry into the Double Digit Club!

Ellen