cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JAA13

Day 20

It is day 20 of my commitment to quit! I must say that some days are definitely harder than others! I did slip. I confess… However, not much! I still feel confident and committed.  I didn’t change my quit date because it is still the day I quit!! I felt horribly guilty. I felt like I was sneaking behind the barn to do something very dirty that no one could know about! But here I am admitting it.

What happened was that I tried to be strong enough to not use the nicotine patch. I’m telling you, I just have to keep the patch on. Then I don’t feel the crave nearly as bad and it’s much easier to ignore. 

All in all, I feel strong and am not coughing as much and I can sing with a clear voice. The raspiness is going away! I love it. 

As always, thank you all for your support. 

Kindest regards to you all,

Julee

5 Replies
BeKind

You quit on your planned day - that's still quitting! Way to go on 20 days, Julee!

JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on 20 days smokefree.  We are here if you need us.  NOPE not one puff ever no matter what. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

There is nothing wrong with using NRT.  It's certainly better than continuing to smoke.   Congrats on day 20!

86DOF

elvan

Congratulations, really happy for you.  Keep going and you will keep reaping the benefits of freedom!

Ellen

0 Kudos
awken

Your doing great , so happy for you , everyone's quit is different , glad your so committed , day 20 your well on your way !!

0 Kudos