cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Need to Vent

I have been training this new girl at work for the past school year (August-June).  She is impossible to train!  She is constantly sighing like I am annoying her.  I can repeat myself 1,000 times and she just does not get it.  My last straw was yesterday and why I need to vent...  As I was training her at my computer, she proceeded to put her head down on my desk.  Forehead to desk. Seriously?? I was so dumbfounded.  Ummmm.... do you need a break I say? 

Who does that????????????????????????????????????

download (4).jpg

36 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

SMH  some people are just on a different planet.  I wouldn't smoke over it.! Keep smiling. You do that well. 

Jennifer-Quit

I feel for ya!  In my 38 years of working experience - I can honestly say - Been there, done that.  And it is not easy.  Lots of people out there that want a paycheck but they are not willing to work for it.  Hope it gets better!

MarilynH

Ugh Kristen geesh I don't get some people! Here's a humongous caring cyber hug coming from me to you dear friend and Fellow Exer and most definetly EXtended family .....

I have never been so frustrated with someone.  I have trained quite a few people here and have never met anyone like her.  I normally love training and helping people and making them feel comfortable to come to me with questions.  But this one, jeez..... 

Stick a fork in me, I'm done!!  Hahaha

Lisaml

Geez! Forehead to desk?!? And it’s only Thursday.

hang in there!!! 

Lisaml

I know right?  I will have a much needed break from her.  She does not work summer so today is her last day...until August...

JACKIE1-25-15

Ha!  Love it!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

(It's why they call it "work" and not vacation!")

I would ask for HR counseling for her.   Perhaps it all really IS above her head.   Take the steps, do the work, and maybe she can become gone. In the best case scenario (if she needs the job), it might scare her into trying harder. You should NOT have to put up with that. 

Hope today is better!

Remember - she will be that way if you smoke or not.   Slow/deep breaths!  Slow/deep breaths!

i had to go through the motions to fire someone who just could not somehow EVER be on time.  EVERY day she would arrive huffing and puffing with yet ANOTHER tale of woe about her morning.  I worked for a VP who was in charge of all the administrative departments, and having someone late every day was just not acceptable.  Took awhile, with many letters and counseling sessions, but eventually she was gone.  NOT fun to go through or do - but necessary, I think.  I hope she figured it out before her NEXT job!

Hang in there!