cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BeKind

1st Day 4 in over 30 years

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site and excited to say that I reached day 4. I'm going cold turkey. My quit day was a long time coming. I'm so glad I made it this far! I have not reached day 2 in over 30 years. I had those nasty nicotine hangover days and vowed not to smoke ever again, but always started again.  Well it happened again and I've surpassed my quit record. I was tired of feeling icky, ugly and unhealthy.

Yesterday, day 3, was the hardest; I know there will be more challenging days ahead. I'm paying close attention to what triggers me and sadly, it's everything. I've used smoking to handle my stress and reward myself. It's literally an hour to hour thing vs day to day for me. I can't wait to reach my first smoke-free week for the rest of my smoke-free life. 

-BeKind 

8 Replies
TW517

Congrats on your Day 4!  And welcome to EX!  Sounds like you have a good start.  Definitely take it hour by hour or minute by minute if you have to.  Glad to have you here.

Tom

BeKind

Thank you, Tom. Minute by minute sums it up best!

Tabbiekat

Welcome and  a huge congratulations on your day 4 won

Hold tight to your quit

Tabbie

Gilamonster

Welcome Bekind and congrats on 4 DOF!

For me, this site  has made the difference between success and failure. I come here pretty much every day and take the daily play age. I have tried to quit many times in the last 10 years and have never made it past three months-

110 DOF Gayle

Barbara145

Welcome.  Congrats on 4 days.  That is huge.  If you have quit for 4 days, you can quit for the rest of your life. You have come to the right place.  I smoked for 52 years and tried to quit multiple times.  This site made all the difference for me.  I was minute to minute much of the time also.  Many of us were. Stay on this path you have chosen and you will discover many treasures.  It is about so much more than letting go of cigarettes.  Have a good day.  Taking even a little walk helped me when I felt like I was at the end of my rope.   Take care.

desiree465

So glad you have joined us in the fight for our lives. Congratulations on your day 4 you have more than earned it. 

AnnetteMM

Hurray for half a week of freedom!  Now that the nicotine is out of your body, don't put any more in!  All your "cravings" from now on are just neurotransmitters in your brain pining for the old days.  It'll pass, fade away, and you'll be FREE

BeKind

Thanks for the support everyone!  I made it through the week.  7 days today! 

It is tough! Any time I have a craving, I take many deep breaths...to remind myself why I quit.