cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge June 2018

pastedImage_1.png

Happy June everyone and welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

June has the Summer Solstice, the day with the longest daylight of the year, typically on June 21st, which is my 1 year quit anniversary date and National Nude day.

Did You Know?

There is a term called, June Bug, which is given to many large bugs found in the United States, during May and June. The bugs get this name because the transition of larva to adult happens in this month. These are usually seen in the dark when they are attracted to light.

June is regarded as the luckiest month for marriage! Huh.  I got married in August.  Darn!

There are three birthstones for June?  The Moonstone, pearl, alexandrite.

June Quotes

It is better to be a young June bug than an old bird of paradise.
― Mark Twain

Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June.
― Al Bernstein

Now that you have a few fun facts about June, it is time to pledge. 

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/daily-pledge/blog/2017/04/02/sunday-s-promise-faith?sr=sea...

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/daily-pledge/blog/2017/04/02/mondays-promise?sr=search&sea...

/blogs/Terrie_Quit-blog/2017/02/14/tuesdays-promise-accountability?sr=search&searchId=eadcca71-563b-...‌ 

/blogs/Em_12-blog/2015/05/28/wednesdays-promise-determination?sr=search&searchId=cbe12526-056a-4967-...

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/daily-pledge/blog/2017/04/02/thursday-s-promise-contributi...

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/conversations/blog/2017/02/17/fridays-promise-resilienc...

/blogs/Terrie_Quit-blog/2017/02/11/saturdays-promise-perspective?sr=search&searchId=ce49e7e1-7dbe-47...

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
583 Replies
Roller831

Happy National Donut Day Skittles412‌!  I am happy to take your hand from the May Daily pledge and pledge not to smoke today, NMW this fine June morning!  My free hand is EXtended to the nEXt EXer who chooses to pledge the same!

Roller 345 DOF

MichelleDiane

Good morning Roller.  Thank you for your hand.  I pledge not to smoke today and extend my free hand to the next person on their journey.

-Michelle

KTQeeyore

Thank you for the hand Michelle! NOPE! Instead of smoking I think I'll have a donut (or two) today! 

Here is my hand to the next exer!  

download.jpg

Sandi4

Good Morning KTQeeyore

I gratefully accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  My free hand is extended to the next person who chooses to pledge with us.

Have a wonderful day.  Rabbit, Rabbit! (My daughter and I say this on the 1st of every month for good luck:)

Sandi

160 DOF

vanlil

Thanks Sandi4 I have your hand and also pledge not to smoke today.  Putting out my free hand to the next person to pledge with us

Lillian (vanlil) 735 dof

Pops

Hello Sandi4‌, thanks for the helping hand...of which I will gladly accept as I extend my other hand for the nEXt EXer inline, and pledge to not smoke one single puff of nicotine, in any form whatsoever....no matter what!

Pops with 44 days of freedom!  Woo Hoo!!!!!

JACKIE1-25-15

Lillian, I proudly take your hand and offer my hand in support of the next person not to smoke this day, month, week, hour, year forever quit. Not in my mouth, not in my hands, not on my tongue not on my lungs.  Not in my throat, I will not choke.  DOF 1223

Bonnie

Hi, Jackie,  I'm proud and grateful to take your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  I offer my other hand to the next EXer who wants to join us in vowing to remain SMOKEFREE today.  

Bonnie

146 DOF

Barb102

Hi Bonnie. I gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today. I offer my other hand to the next person to pledge 

Happy June 1st

Barb 134 DOF