cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mpnaegle

Anyone out there quit via Wellbutrin/patch combo?

Hi,

I'm doing this quit with both Wellbutrin and the patch, and I've gotta say, compared to past attempts when it was just with the patch only, this time around is easier.  Has anyone else quit with both Wellbutrin and Patch? 

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Barbscloud

Close.  Wellbutrin, nicotrol inhalers, smoking cessation class and the Ex.  Finished the Wellbutrin a couple of weeks ago and use the inhalers infrequently now.  On day 77;  good so far!

mpnaegle

Awesome, yeah the Wellbutrin by itself wasn’t doing a lot but with the patch it’s making a big difference!  

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I used Wellbutrin for 90 days but not in combination with patches.  It helped me, however, there is no NRT or med that is the complete cure-all for quitting smoking.  There is still work that we have to do not to smoke such as making a commitment that no matter what is happening in our life is no excuse to smoke.  With the principle of not one puff ever NOPE you can remain smoke-free. 

Education is the key to a successful quit.  Relearning thinking, removing the brainwashing you need or have to have a cigarette.  In time with determination, it is doable to remain smoke-free. 

mpnaegle

Very true about no nrt or medication being cure-all without work on individual part. 

0 Kudos