cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lisaml

There is no “TRY”

We have several new quitters! Yay! They all sound like relatively happy quitters so far, so cheers to continuing with that! 

One thing I’ve noticed to be a common thread among all of us, is the use of words like “hope, try, wish...” 

all good words. We need to have hope. We need to try to make today better than yesterday. 

BUT when it comes to quitting smoking, there can be no “try” to quit, or “hope I make it”. 

Believe me, I do it too. But, together, we need to get rid of that thinking. 

Smoking is incompatible with a long and healthy life. 

Let that sink in. We are “trying” to eliminate something that is literally incompatible with the life we want. Nah. We can do better. Take smoking off the table. Out of the equation. Smoking is NOT an option. 

Removing options that are facilitated by words such as “hope, try...” will cause there to be no alternative but to succeed in our shared mission. 

We WILL quit. We have quit. We can TRY to make it a little more pleasant, but that is the only trying allowed. 

Theres no crying in baseball, and there’s no trying in quitting. 

Love and hugs

27 Replies
TW517

YES!

Theres No Crying In Baseball - YouTube 

I love this movie and Tom Hanks! I think I’ll watch this tonight! Thanks Lisa!

AnnetteMM

Great, assertive, powerful blog!  The Force is with you, Lisa!

Lisaml

And also with you!!;-) 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

No try - only DO DO DO!

Mandolinrain

YES! Positive thoughts! Look forward for the reward ..it everyones for the taking

Sootie

GREAT BLOG Lisa!!!!

Now---is everyone REALLY , REALLY sick of the fact that I can now post pictures???????????????????

Lisaml

I LOVE it!  Can you see my Yoda pic that I posted??? 

Lol I’m still learning.....

0 Kudos
Giulia

Yes I see your Yoda picture, Lisa!  

DO DO DO!