cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TW517

Top of the Queue?

Jump to solution

Why is it ( Mark ) when someone makes a comment on a Question, Discussion or Poll, that post gets bumped back to the top of the queue in "Recent Activity", but if you comment on someone's Status Update, that Update stays buried wherever it was.  We had a new member (Majig1973‌) post a Status Update yesterday, and almost no one saw because it quickly got buried under newer Discussions and replies to old Discussions.  If you get a chance, please welcome Majig1973‌ and comment on her status Missed my quit date 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

TW517

You are correct.  I have asked about it more than a year ago and the response was that that is how it was designed. It's not malfunctioning.  I'm guessing it was done that way as it is more of an "in the moment" thing so it's not meant to be a long discussion that happens over a period of time.

Jennifer-Quitand Sootie It appears on the homepage under the recent activity and a person's profile under top content (Sootie ) if busy, their Activity page (Sootie ). Status updates do not appear on your content tab, this is also just the way it was designed. I'm not sure why this decision was made but it was intentional. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

5 Replies
TW517

Bump

(testing my theory)

0 Kudos

That is why I am not a fan of status updates.  They tend to get lost if there is little activity.

Jennifer-Quit‌  Where do status updates show up anyway? I posted one just to see what TW517‌ was talking about and could only see it in my own inbox.

0 Kudos

I usually see the on right hand column on home page under "recent activity".  But they get pushed down by other discussions with more recent activity.  There are other places I am sure - one being on someone's profile page under activity. Also under "my ex feed" but I rarely use that feature so not sure about that one.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

TW517

You are correct.  I have asked about it more than a year ago and the response was that that is how it was designed. It's not malfunctioning.  I'm guessing it was done that way as it is more of an "in the moment" thing so it's not meant to be a long discussion that happens over a period of time.

Jennifer-Quitand Sootie It appears on the homepage under the recent activity and a person's profile under top content (Sootie ) if busy, their Activity page (Sootie ). Status updates do not appear on your content tab, this is also just the way it was designed. I'm not sure why this decision was made but it was intentional. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team