cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JAA13

Day 7

Today is the WORST!!!!!  I want a smoke so bad. I’m angry and frustrated. I am tired and in a fog. I don’t know what’s wrong with me!!! I went to the gas station to buy cigarettes but was able to talk myself out of it. I just got gas instead. 

This is rough. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
Lisaml

There’s nothing wrong with you, except that you (and me) are addicted to nicotine. You’ve almost made it through HELL WEEK. 

I’m so super proud of you for leaving that gas station without cigarettes!! 

Nobody wants to do hell week over again! And good for you, you’re not gonna do it!!! 

It IS hard. It’s so hard some days that we don’t think we can continue. It’s those days that you need to dig deep. Think about how you felt just before you quit. You KNEW you had to quit- health is failing, costs are rising, cough, smell, short of breath? Interfering in literally every aspect of your life. You were a prisoner to the cigarettes. You couldn’t do one single thing without thinking about it. 

Now. Take a deep breath, go for a walk. Take a nap. Eat something that is not normally “allowed”.

read a trashy novel or dance it out. Whatever works for you. 

please do whatever it takes to stay smoke free today. 

We will work on tomorrow when it comes;-) xoxox

TW517

Yep.  What Lisaml said ^

I wish there was something I could do to ease your anger, frustration, tiredness, fogginess, what the he** is wrong with me'ness.  Hope it helps to know we're all rooting for you, and many are suffering with you.  I'm so glad you didn't buy that pack!

AnnetteMM

What you're feeling is absolutely normal.  Anger, frustration, brain fog, tiredness...all part of nicotine withdrawal.  All your neurons are trying to readjust.  On top of all of Lisa's great advice, let me just add that it won't hurt to let yourself have a little sugar.  A lollipop maybe.

Phew!  That was close!  I am glad you didn't buy any.  What you are experiencing is completely normal.  You just have to have the strength to fight it; which you proved you do!  Believe us when we say it gets easier.  I couldn't go inside "my" gas station for a long time because of fear I would buy cigs.  I never go in anyways anymore; no need to!  You are doing great.  Keep it up!

GyorgyiM

Would you mind if I distracted you with a laugh?...........Now read this below and then close your eyes and imagine seeing someone walking this way in heels.............

LOL

Miles of Smiles..........................YOU GOT THIS! Hang in there WE are here for you!!!

awken

That took real guts and determination to go all the way there and not buy any cigarettes , it's like staring the monster down . hope the day gets better , like I see written here a lot , one day , one crave at a time . Good job , hope if this happens to me I can show the same resolve !

desiree465

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough day but it WILL pass. Maybe tell us why you quit. I find that talking about why I quit helps me get through the crappy days. 

Barbscloud

Day 7 is the end of Hell Week. You don't want to lose that!   That took real courage to come that close to buying a pack and walking away.  I know it's hard to believe right now, but it really will become less painful.  Keep reaching out to get through this.    

gregp136

7 Days.

Think of that....7 days.

7 days of smelling better.

7 days of saving money.

7 days allowing your lungs to clean out some of that crap!

7 days towards a life free of the constant worry that you need to go smoke.

7 days toward being a model her on Ex, showing all of us who are following you that we can make it too.

7 days.

Excellent!!!