cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Bookmarks: Can they be added to the navigation?

It looks like there just might be an extra space for Bookmarks on the Home/My EX Feed/Conversations....top heading?  I never use the "My EX Feed" link, for example.  Might be interesting to put up a community query as to how many members act on each of those topics/links.  And whether there is any interest in adding a Bookmark button instead of or in addition to the others? How many clicks are there on the Celebrations and Events, for example?  Especially since they seem to be less and less attended.  

Just a passing thought.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
AnnetteMM

Great question!  I only ever click on Home, and then the one where I can read all the most recent stuff.  I find all those other links bothersome, actually.

Mark‌?

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

1ConversationsNo Change
2Celebrations & EventsNo change
3Mayo Clinic BlogUp from 4
4Community HelpDown from 3
5Chantix-ersNo Change
6Best of EXUp from 7
7Laughter is the Best MedicineDown from 6
8Newbie QuittersNo Change
9Exercising and HealthUp from 11
10Cold Turkey QuittersUp from 15
11COPDDown from 9
12General Quitting SupportDown from 10
13Relapse PreventionNo change
14Celebrating MilestonesUp from 17
15Daily PledgeDown from 12
16Positive Affirmations and SupportDown from 14
17Picture, Video & Quote SharingDown from 16
18October QuittersNo change
19Prayer CircleUp from below 25
20EX Weekends 2018 - Bahamas Cruise (EX6.1) and California (EX6.2)Up from 24
21GamesDown from 19
22Nicotine Patch UsersUp from 23
23Gardening LoversUp from below 25
24Cooking QuittersUp from below 25
25Music LoversNo change

Giulia‌ Thanks for the idea. I'll look into see if it's an option and what other places are active and could benefit from placement up there, if it is possible. When you are not logged in you can see everyone's public bookmarks and when you are logged in you can see your bookmarks and public ones.  

Above are the top visited places on the community.  In the last 90 days there have only been 38 visits to Bookmarks . I do see a couple people (crazymama_Lori‌, Mandolinrain‌, JACKIE1-25-15‌, You, Daniela2016Jennifer-QuitThePearlWolf‌ and  roller831‌)

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I never use the "Ex Feed" either.

0 Kudos

kristen-9.7.15 wrote:

I never use the "Ex Feed" either.

I assume you use your Inbox to look at things you follow? You mentioned you turned off email.

My EX Feed should be #9 on the list above after Newbie Quitters for the last three months.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I don't use any of those links at all.  From the Home page, I click on updates and read what's new across the site.

0 Kudos

@AnnetteMM

Thanks for your feedback.  Everyone's usage will be a bit different and usage will change throughout time in your quit journey. Unfortunately there is no way to customize and display navigation links based on an individual's primary usage patterns. We chose to have as few places as possible to move the content from the old community to the new community. In order to find the content, we provided the links to the places so that it could be discovered easily. Without the links in the navigation it would be difficult to find those areas of the community.

My EX Feed actually is your custom news feed to what is likely relevant to you based on your past behaviors.  It sounds like you read the updates across the whole site. Great! But you could possibly benefit from checking out My EX Feed as well.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Mark

That is correct.  Then I go to the Home page to see what's happening. After that, I go to Read the Latest Updates to make sure I didn't miss anything and to make sure each blog has responses.  Creature of habit

0 Kudos

I never use my Ex-feed either since "following" was no longer necessary.   I don't understand threads and streams.  Also the Ex-feed seems not to follow chronologically.  Simply put, I don't care for it.  so I don't use it.   I prefer to see everyone's posts by using latest update from the home page.  I think Conversations is redundant as Latest Updates is available on the Home Page.  Also it only covers questions and discussions and not the blogs.  I like the one stop shopping concept.  So Latest Updates is the one for me.  I have my default set to my home page.  I follow the groups I'm interested in, but rarely view them

Thanks crazymama_Lori‌!

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos