cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Garden planted FINALLY

We have had so much rain, it’s been impossible to workin the yard...which as you can see is still not planted. It needs rock hounded yet. And of course, rain in forecast this weekend. Mulch. Well getting to that soon. Yesterday and today I set all the landscape fabric an dput up fence around garden and began planting. I ache everywhere. Advil’s calling my name as well as some zzzzzzzzz’s. I find It takes a bit longer to do things, but I can still do them

below is the veggie garden contained in the fenced area that I installed today

8C8CFF5D-C834-438B-A4B8-72F7AB968976.jpeg

This pic pic below is a new rose I found at Walmart, called the Miranda Lambert Rose. So pretty.

BCC9850C-C5B9-4D32-8C6A-D2D735BDAE00.jpeg

These are below,  also new roses I found for the front. They are a peach colored driftrose. Anxious to see how they do.

240A3B5C-4107-4702-8A8D-339C2D915B28.jpeg

Another view of front roses:

33137EB8-CBBA-41A5-A29B-F2BCD79A72C5.jpeg

Finally heres an an area I am open to suggestions. The ugly pipes pictured below, CFAB716E-0FB0-4FA0-ADD1-36C0F0BBB43E.jpegare vents for the septic. I did paint them gray but I want to plant something in front of them to hide them and it has to be full sun plants that have SHALLOW root system. Any thoughts are welcome

Lastly, below is the front left corner of house that’s next to side where veggie garden is. I am pooped and going to bed!

Enough planting this week. I’m not looking forward to mulching it all, but that’s nexton the agenda.i babysit the twins tomorrow, so will gladly take the day off from the yard.

A020A264-04B0-4812-A637-1272EB8FF19B.jpeg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
32 Replies
MarilynH

Wow Missy, everything looks really, really good now sleep my friend and Fellow Exer I hope you won't be too stiff and sore tomorrow so you can enjoy the day with your grandbabies, now get some sleep and lots and lots of Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's tonight XO. 

Wow! Your house looks gorgeous! I LOVE the porch! 

Mandolinrain

You need to come and sit with me on it someday

I would love too! I LOVE the entrance to your house. Gorgeous!

0 Kudos
Lisaml

Really, really pretty!!! I bet you’re exhausted! 

Take care and get some good rest!! Xoxo

Giulia

Wow, you put landscaping fabric down and THEN mulch on top of it?  Whew.  Ain't no weeds gonna bother YOUR babies, for sure!  Why mulch if none of it will break down and go into the soil underneath?  Just for looks then?  Hmmm.  Never knew that's the way it was done.  The roses are gonna look fabulous!  Show us pictures later in the season.  Does that Miranda smell as good as it looks?

That's your septic with those two pipes?  How interesting.  I've never seen a septic with pipes coming up out of it like that for venting.  All our septics have been closed.  They look like they're about 3' high?  Maybe Redtip Photinia or a Weigela? Don't know about their root structure.  Weigela's are really pretty.  I have a couple.  Viburnums maybe?  Of course boxwood, but that's boring.  Euonymus is  pretty but can be invasive under the right conditions.  Hydrangeas are another idea.  But they take work.  

Nice fencing work!  I'll bet it was fairly easy because the ground is new and the rains helped to soften them even more?  But then fencing is never easy.  I almost lost my mind putting in ours a couple of years ago.  Just trying to measure it correctly to make a rectangle was enough to send me to the loony bin.  Then connecting the panels.  Fortunately it's still standing upright.  Which kind of amazes me.   

IMG_6894.JPG

Your place is beautiful and it's gonna look fantastic once the lawn is in and things are growing.  Ya done good!  Enjoy the twins tomorrow!

Mandolinrain

I bought my fence materials at Lowes and saw the exact one you have. It is a little taller than mine and they didn't have enough....so I ended up with the one I have. It was really easy to install because of all the rain we had. I got like the third section a little off and tried to repeal the stake to re-position it but it wasn't budging. So theres just that one little section thats not super straight. All and all I like it and so does my hubby. 

Yes I use landscape fabric to prevent weeds and I mulch over it to make it look better. Other wise my big dogs walk all over it and tear it up with their claws. And YES that Miranda Lambert Rose smells amazing

Ok, the septic. I can't recall the name off hand, but its a newer system to put at new builds that have sloped yards and areas where they are near creeks , ponds and lakes. We have a huge creek just below those ugly vents and a large pond further back. Your last house had the closed system like your familiar with. But this system was the only system the codes and permit would allow for this house.

Thank you for the ideas on plants. When I get home tonight I ma going to look them all up and check out their root system. Your own garden looks wonderful! I love the scarecrow! I had one at the farm and I dressed her in a flowing skirt and sunhat:)

Welp, need to get me some java and catch up on Ex before I hit the road

0 Kudos
Giulia

Yup, we bought our fence at Lowes too.  The scarecrow is now dead.  He looked great the first season only.  

Scarecrow5655.JPG

I believe we had a Miranda Lambert also, that was here when we moved in.  Amazingly beautiful.  Took this back in 2010.

RosePink1 '10.JPG

I can see why you'd need to cover the landscape fabric with a dog!

You could always plant tall rose shrubs around the pipes.  A sweet/stinky irony.

Mandolinrain

I may just do that! I also love Rose of Sharon. Not sure about the root system but am going to research tonight  I just LOVE that scarecrow!!!!