Marilyn.H.July.14.14.

Isn't our health worth more than the dang Smokes?

Discussion created by Marilyn.H.July.14.14. on May 22, 2018
Latest reply on May 27, 2018 by elvan

I had an appointment with my dentist this morning to make a very long story short, like most of us that's finally wised up and quit smoking I should have done it much sooner like after my jaw surgery back in 2001 when the surgeon broke my jaw in six different places and screwed it back together with four plates eight screws and a hook and an eye in my chin, I did quit while I was wired shut but started back up once the wires were snipped or maybe I should have quit back in 2013 when I had sinus surgery but I didn't BUT I didn't smoke for the recommended two weeks after surgery, I'm frustrated and discouraged BUT only with myself I wear a bite plane over my top teeth and a retainer over my bottom teeth at night and have since the jaw surgery and will for the rest of my life, with my husband's previous job these appliances were covered by insurance but with his job now they don't have coverage for their employees which normally is fine because I have insurance through Indian Affairs from my first marriage which I'm still covered even though I'm remarried but it doesn't cover these appliances the bite plane is almost $600.00 the retainer almost $500.00 which normally are ok for a couple of years BUT what I'm really pissed off about is the dentist said in the more than ten years that he's been making these appliances he's never had one loosen up like mine has so soon because I just got back in September so it hasn't even been a year yet so he checked my teeth and guess what he asked me! Have you ever smoked? All six of my front teeth on top are moving because of boneloss and yup smoking Is the main culprit plus I'm a clencher and a grinder. All I can say is I'm so glad that I finally wised up and quit smoking I just wish I'd done it much sooner because it's absolutely Doable and it's certainly worth it because damn it our health suffers if we continue to Smoke knowing the dangers , if you've quit don't relapse! Stick with your quit no matter what is happening in life, I'm very sorry that my long story that I was trying to keep short ended up being much longer than I meant I'm definitely frustrated BUT my precious quit is 100% safe and always Will be because I stick with N.O.P.E and vigilance plus relapsing isn't even a blimp on my Radar ......

Outcomes