Giulia

THE GRIEVING TRAP

Discussion created by Giulia Champion on Nov 21, 2009
Latest reply on Nov 19, 2017 by jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007

(Photo Credit:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/anglofille/518603427/)

YOU'VE LOST SOMEONE YOU LOVE. YOUR MOTHER, FATHER, FAVORITE AUNT. IT MIGHT BE YOUR BEST FRIEND, YOUR LOVER, YOUR SPOUSE.  A BROTHER IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE, A GRANDMOTHER, A PET. THERE IS NO ONE WHO CAN REPLACE THIS PERSON IN YOUR LIFE. THEY KNEW YOU IN A WAY NO ONE ELSE COULD OR EVER WILL.  YOU WERE AS UNIQUE TO THEM AS THEY TO YOU.  YOU'RE HEART HAS A HOLE IN IT AND YOU DON'T THINK IT WILL EVER MEND.

SMOKING WILL NOT MEND IT.

YOU MAY FEEL AT THIS MOMENT THAT YOU DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT ANYTHING ANY MORE. THAT LIFE HAS LOST IT'S MEANING AND ALL IT'S JOY.  THOUGHTS MAY COME LIKE THIS: "WHO CARES IF I SMOKE? I DON'T WANT TO PARTICULARLY LIVE NOW ANYWAY.  THERE'S NOTHING TO LIVE FOR ANY MORE."

YES THERE IS - AND IT'S NOT SMOKING.

THIS IS A TIME OF THE BIGGEST EXCUSE YOU'LL PROBABLY EVER HAVE. EVERYBODY WILL FORGIVE YOU IF YOU TAKE A CIGARETTE OR TWO NOW.  YOU'RE IN A WEAKENED STATE, YOU'RE VULNERABLE, IT'S UNDERSTANDABLE, AFTER ALL.

NO - IT'S NOT.  AND BECAUSE YOU ARE IN A WEAKENED STATE AND VULNERABLE YOU MUST BE ON YOUR GUARD.  THE ALARM BELLS WILL BE RINGING BUT YOU WON'T HEAR THEM.  YOU'LL BE BLIND, DEAF AND DUMB.  AND YOU'LL THINK - WELL I'LL JUST HAVE ONE TO GET ME THROUGH THIS.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ONE. AND YOU KNOW IT. DON'T KID YOURSELF.

SO - BE PREPARED. PROTECT YOUR QUIT AT ALL COSTS. THINK ABOUT HOW YOU WILL RESPOND WHEN SUCH AN EVENT OCCURS. AND KEEP THIS IN MIND: DO YOU REALLY WANT TO START ALL OVER AGAIN? WITH THE WITHDRAWALS? WITH THE FEAR, WITH THE CONSTANT WHISPERING IN YOUR HEAD.  EVERY DAY AWAY FROM YOUR SMOKING SELF IS A DAY CLOSER TO THE FORGETTING OF YOUR SMOKING SELF.
KEEP YOUR QUIT.  IT'S VERY PRECIOUS.... TO YOU AND TO THOSE WHO LOVE YOU.
-----------------------------
  This is an addendum 11/26/17.  I wanted to add a link to another blog.  Read the questions, but especially read the answers.  Grieving while free from smoking 

Outcomes