cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Chrissy41

23 Days Smoke Free

Hi everyone, April 26 was my quit day COLD TURKEY. I am so pround of myself. Let me tell you how I did this, I was working out at the gym using weights and let me tell you  I am tiny 4’8 104 39yrs old.  I start feeling pain in my chest due to the weights I was lifting but didn’t think anything if it. I just stopped going. But I started doing Tricep Dips while I was doing it i felt like a tear in the center of my chest. Anyway since I stopped smoking bc if this feeling. I’ve been feeling tightness in my chest discomfort on my heart. Could this be bc my inside body is healing??? 

Thanks Friends 

Chrissy

8 Replies
TW517

I had a tightness in my chest for several weeks after I quit.  It's a pretty common symptom from what I've seen.  But I don't want to dissuade you from getting it checked out by a doctor if you are worried about it.

0 Kudos
Chrissy41

Yes I made an Appt. June 1. Thanks Tom

JACKIE1-25-15

Quite frequently that has been a complaint. Most say it eventually goes away.  If you use the magnifying glass to search a topic it may help.  Here is a blog from the experts.https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/expert-advice/blog/2017/08/16/chest-pain?sr=search&sear... 

0 Kudos
freeneasy

Congrats and great job with your quit! You should get checked by a doctor for the chest pain chest pain. It's lasted a long time. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congratulations on your quit. 23 days is amazing.  Check with a doctor for chest pains--everything shouldn't be attributed to quitting smoking.

0 Kudos
elvan

I think you should have your chest pain checked out.  I do not think it is likely to be related to your quit...have a doctor check you out.  No matter what, don't go back to smoking.  You sound like you are in great shape and smoking is not going to keep you healthy.

Welcome to EX.

Ellen

Deena-A-Yenni

Congratulations on your quit.  Please seek medical advice.

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS 24 NON SMOKER days Chrissy good job!

0 Kudos