cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lisaml

I quit smoking. What’s your superpower?

You guys! 

We are really doing it! Someone wrote something today like, “having quit smoking, there’s nothing I cannot do”. 

(Paraphrasing, but it got me thinking...) 

we complain and commiserate a lot. I know I do. We lament and sulk and pitch little fits. We miss smoking, we suffer through the quit, but what if, just WHAT IF..... we recognized the  strength and commitment  we used to quit, as what it really is? It is AMAZING, y’all!  

It is a physiological dependence, a psychological habit, an emotional crutch and the toughest addiction to break. 

And WE are kicking it’s ass.

That’s right!!! How powerful are we, in mind and spirit, to choose to NOT smoke, after we have been so programmed to do so, for many years!! We are seriously tough individuals. Might even go so far to say we are badass!!! 🙂 

so even if it’s just for a few minutes today, please smile, flex your muscles and pat yourself on the back. You CAN do this. And truly, as this challenge is tackled, there is literally nothing we cannot do!!! 

Have a a great weekend!!! Xoxo 

7 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Thank God, Ya'll were working us  Hallelujah.  She has seen the light. Spread some joy.  I love you. lmho  

Take the Good too. Amen

jtheo

Hell yeah...we're badass!! I know now that anything is doable!

JACKIE1-25-15

A wise elder once told me.  If you can quit smoking you can do anything.

Jennifer-Quit

Of all things, I am most proud of quitting smoking!

Sootie

Well ----let's give ourselves a hand! We are FANTASTIC!!!

Such a positive blog......nice start to the weekend!!!

AnnetteMM

I have been told that my superpower is the ability to say NO.  And I guess I did LOL!!!!

marciem

Yes, we have that superpower, and strength we never knew was there before... YAY us!!  We can do anything!!  The rise in my own self-esteem since I quit has been so nice!!

Another nice perk... when we've had one of "those days"  (boss growling, co-workers backstabbing, kids sassing, hubs cranky, other drivers cutting you off, etc (they always seem to happen in clumps), at the end of it all, you can lay your head on your own pillow, as those cruddy things replay in your head... and say "but I didn't smoke!!   I was the winner" and smile to yourself because you know how hard-won getting to that victory place was  , whether you are a newbie or long-termer.  I still do it, even after 5 1/2 years