cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Corn & Pasta Salad W/Homemade Ranch Dressing

I was looking for a tasty tangy pasta salad.  Think I will try this one.  Healthy/Lo Cal Recipes  If you like healthy recipes this is a place to look.  I posted it yesterday, I am not sure if anyone saw it since I just put a reply to bring it up. 

CORN AND PASTA SALAD WITH HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING

•  4 ounces Gemelli pasta
  •    
  • 1 small garlic clove
  •    
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  •    
  • 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  •    
  • 1/3 cup buttermilk
  •    
  • 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
  •    
  • 1 scallion, minced
  •    
  • 2 small ears fresh corn
  •    
  • 8 ounces grape tomatoes, preferably mixed heirloom, halved
  •    
  • 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
  •    
  • 4 cups baby arugula
  •    
  • 2 slices bacon, cooked until crisp in the microwave, and crumbled
  •   
  •   

Directions

Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain and run under cold water to cool.

Meanwhile, finely chop the garlic clove on a cutting board; sprinkle with salt. Using the blade of a chef's knife, press down onto garlic, smashing it to make a paste. Add the garlic paste to a large bowl with the sour cream, buttermilk, cider vinegar, and scallion; season with salt and pepper. Whisk the dressing until smooth and reserve.

Cut the kernels from the corn (breaking sheets of kernels into about 2-inch pieces, if desired). Add the corn, tomatoes, onions, and arugula to bowl with dressing; gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with the bacon.

Nutritional analysis per serving

Calories 148; Total Fat 3g (Sat Fat 1.5g, Mono Fat 0.4g, Poly Fat 0.3g) ; Protein 6g; Carb 25g; Fiber 3g; Cholesterol 9.5mg; Sodium 159mg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Reply
Barb102

This sounds great. Thanks for sharing I’m going to make this

Barb