cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Janev

Two days to go

About to give quitting another shot.  Doc says there's no choice now. Anyone in the same boat??

14 Replies
gregp136

I will be about 2 weeks behind you.  I am quitting on June 1st.  Blaze the trail for me!

0 Kudos
Janev

That was my original quit day as well! Just decided to move it up and jump in. I'll definitely keep u posted! Thanks for replying and good luck!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Start first, by My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  and educating yourself about nicotine addiction.  Education is the key to a successful quit.  Read: Freedom from Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101         

Here are the links: http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html   and http://whyquit.com/ffn/

I also encourage you to read. Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Easier Way to Quit Smoking”.    

The idea is to start at the beginning by making a commitment that no matter what happens or goes on in your life that you will not use it as an EXcuse to smoke.  With that philosophy, you will have success on this journey.  No, it is not easy but it is doable by using that principle and educating yourself about nicotine addiction.   If you hang around you will see that quitting is doable, because many of us have.  Look forward to a new day and a new way of life.  It is all up to you.  This is all about you and what you are willing to do to be smoke-free. Quitting smoking requires hard work and determination not to give up.   It can be challenging at times but you will learn that it is doable if you adhere to NOPE not one puff ever no matter what. 

elvan

Welcome to EX...please do the reading recommended by JACKIE1-25-15‌ and plan to stay close to the site.  Read blogs, comment, participate, see how others are doing it.  I recommend reading a blog by JonesCarpeDiem‌ /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months , I read it over and over again at the beginning of my quit.  I smoked for 47 years, my doc recommended that I quit many times.  Unfortunately, his recommendations fell on deaf ears and I ended up getting so sick that I HAD to quit because I could not breathe.  I have COPD and I got pneumonia, I was not sure I would survive and I know my doctor wasn't either.  Thanks to this site, I have now been quit for over four years.  I quit many times in the past but never with the commitment I had this time and the amazing support and education about this addiction.  You CAN do it, just remember that it is a journey and not an event, it is one day at a time and when that's too long, it can be one hour or one minute.  My mantra when I quit was NOPE, Not One Puff Ever.  

We are here and we have all been where you are...there are no shortcuts in this journey, every person here wants you to succeed and will help you in any way that they can...that includes me.

Again welcome,

Ellen

0 Kudos
Janev

Thank you!!

0 Kudos

get a lemon

cheap insurance

0 Kudos
Janev

A lemon? I haven't heard that trick yet!

0 Kudos
elvan

When you are really craving...bite into a lemon, rind and all.  It will completely reset your brain or if you are like me...just get the lemon and the THOUGHT of biting into it will do it...I used the candy, Sour Patch Kids because it is so sour, some people used Fireballs...healthier choices are frozen fruit or carrots or celery.  Your choice.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Janev

Thank you!