cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BHnCA

Kinda Feeling Like a Fraud

I just noticed I received some “awards” or badges and kinda feel like a fraud because my quit date is two days away, yet I’m feeling very doubtful that I can accomplish the REAL test.  Writing words or reacting to posts is easy. What I find hard is building the confidence needed to commit myself to quitting even though I’m working hard to prepare for “the moment”.  Maybe it’s because I have tried and failed so many times in the past?  

13 Replies
Sootie

You are planning to quit smoking in two days..........this should be applauded and celebrated....no need to feel like a fraud.

You are hesitant and unsure.......OF COURSE YOU ARE!!! We ALL were when we quit. You are allowing yourself to imagine a new life...a life of freedom from smoking. It's a great life.......BUT.....it does take hard work to get there. So, you're a little worried.....so be it.

Do it......just do it. Has anyone given you the link to the readings we all did to educate ourselves on this addiction? I don't have all of them.....but I LOVE whyquit.com. It's a great site for readings on everything you can think of on quitting.

Don't worry. This is hard but doable! We all did it and we are NO different from you!

Welcome to EX----we are all here for each other......reach out when needed....stay in touch always and STAY STRONG!!!!!

BHnCA

Thanks Sootie, I’ll check out whywuit right now.

0 Kudos
Lisaml

Well, you can accomplish it if you choose to accomplish it. 

Its literally that simple. Take smoking off the table as an option. For me, once it came out of the equation, I had no recourse but to get through the minute-hours-days as they came.

What we focus on is what we tend to create. Focus on your goal, keep looking forward and you WILL do it. And we will cheer along the way!!;-) 

anaussiemom

You are not a FRAUD!!  A human being preparing is great!

gregp136

We have all tried and failed.  If you are a fraud, I am a super fraud.  I got tons of awards, and I failed after 6 months.  But I am back and I will quit forever June 1st.  And you will quit too!  Get your head in the right place.  Think of all you have learned from your past quits.  Think of the money you will save, the extra time you will have, and the wonderful deep breaths you can take.  Use the failures as an advantage, to learn about yourself, and to make this one forever, knowing you will prove to the nicotine bully that you are stronger and smarter!

Sootie

Good to see you again!

GyorgyiM

There is only ONE thing you have to do, and that is to "Manage the MOMENT"...and NOT smoke.

Do NOT over process.

Do NOT think of the past because it and whatever else it held does NOT exists

Do NOT prejudge how uncomfortable it might be once you stop.

Do NOT fear failure...that "word" does not exist on this site 

None of that will help your mindset in any positive way...

You WILL STOP SMOKING

You WILL FEEL SOME DISCOMFORT.

You WILL FEEL SO MUCH HEALTHIER.

You WILL START TO CHANGE into your true skin..

and you WILL have a much HAPPIER LIFE!

The are Miles of Smiles on this site standing right there beside you....

We are here to help....

Believe in yourself...........we do...........believe in YOU !

Barbscloud

Fraud?  I think not. I found that in quitting this time, the preparation was the most important part of this journey.  It's the early support that has made all the difference.  You're stronger that you think!

64DOF

Barbscloud

P.S.  This is really about fear.  Fear of what I'll do in specific situations without a cigarette.  Deal with them one a time and plan on what you'll do in advance. I still have some!   I'm trying to prepare for the unexpected by reading how others have made it through some pretty heart wrenching situations without smoking.  I tell myself, if they can do it so can I.  And, so can you.