cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

NML & In-betweener Weekly Check In - 05/14/2018 - Getting to Know You

We do this blog every Monday to offer encouragement and camaraderie to those in No Man’s Land -- months 2-3-4 of a quit and for those somewhere in-between who have less than 1 year of a quit. Regardless of how long you’ve been quit, anyone who likes the conversation and wants to offer support is welcome to participate!

1. What show on Netflix did you binge watch embarrassingly fast?

2. Which celebrity do you shamelessly follow in the news?

3. What’s something about you that people would be surprised to know?

4. What is your favorite smell and why?

5. What food could you not live without?

If you're in NML right now, give a shout!  Reach out and find each other! 

Click here to read Dale’s helpful blog about No Man’s Land:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr...  

Click here to read what to expect in the first four months: /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months  

Checking in here will help you get through NML and on your way to the first year where you can celebrate being in the 6% Club and graduate to eventually become an Elder!

Please let me know if you are interested in posting the NML Weekly Check In.  I am happy to continue it, share it, or pass it to the nEXt EXer in NML who is ready, willing, and able.

14 Replies
GyorgyiM

1. Shameless, Breaking Bad, Grace and Franki, Orange is the New Black....ahhh there are many....LOL

2. Melissa McCarthy (she gives me life through laughter)

3. I made a album and a single back in the 80's. Joan Jett's  producer "Kim Fowley" was my producer.

4. I am very sensitive to scents, in a passionate sort of way....so there are many

5. The one food that would sustain you forever on an island if it was the only thing you ever ate....Potato

Smiles..............

Jennifer-Quit

Would luv to hear your music!  Is it available on line anywhere?

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

Use to be and I purchased a few on line recently. Considered making a few CDs from the actual vinyl. I've heard that there are copies floating around the state. The album was released by EMI Records in Australia, so it had airplay there...I have my lp downloaded onto my phone...fun to belt it out when I am in my truck!

...Thank you for your interest. 

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

1. Supernatural and All The Marvel Movies and TV Shows EVER

2. I don't follow anyone actually.

3. I've been married 3 times.  (GyorgyiM - so cool!)

4. Sandalwood

5. Also potatoes! Plus eggs, though.  So two.

Roller831

1.  Orange is the New Black

2.  I don't follow any specific celebrity, but look at People and TMZ on occasion.

3.  I was a phone sex operator for a 900 line back in college.  It helped pay for my tuition. 

4.  I love the smell of burning firewood on a crisp fall evening or the smell of pine early in the morning through the mist and fog in fall.

5.  Buffalo wings.  Hot.Buffalo.Wings.

TW517

Your answers inspired me to respond:

1. I don't have Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime.  I do have a sports subscription to Sling that I only watch for playoff games.
  2. While waiting in my doctor's office a couple months ago, I leafed through an entire People magazine.  She walked in right when I  finished, and asked how I was doing.  I said, "Old and out of touch.  I just went through an entire People magazine and did not recognize a soul".
  3. I almost got fired from my bank job back in the 1980's for using my office phone to call 1-900 sex lines.  Fortunately, the evening janitor fessed up.
  4. Favorite smell:  Coffee brewing.  Why?:  The anticipation of something I really, really want.
  5. Mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Roller831

Coffee!!!! Much better than the stupid pine or wood fire!  YES!  Coffee!!!  How could I not say that?!?!?!?!

AnnetteMM

WOW!