cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a member curated list of EX Community content over 10+ years

Giulia

Quick Quips

pastedImage_19.png

The Law of Addiction states:  "Administration of a drug to an addict will cause re-establishment of chemical dependence upon the addictive substance."  (Ergo - NOPE!)  

XXX

"Just one = square one every time" (mothergoose)

XXX

"I used to be 'romancing the smoke' days before I would go buy them.  The moment you begin to imagine breaking your quit is when that 'romance' beings." (mandolinrain)

XXX

"Withdrawal is only necessary because of addiction!"  (Thomas3.20.2010)

XXX

"Cravings... are a sign that your quit is working." (Gummer)

XXX

"As long as I don’t smoke my addiction to nicotine lies dormant." (Ladybug--7-3-12)

XXX

"A quit well loved will flourish...a quit resented with wither." (Dancingthrulife)

XXX

"Smoking is not the solution, it is a reaction." (Maki)

XXX

"YOU are the only person who can give yourself permission to smoke."(youngatheart7.4.12)

XXX

"Smoking creates the cravings that are only relieved by more smoking. "(Troutnut1)

XXX

"JUST ONE after one quits, it is the beginning of the end of the quit."  (Daniela-3-11-2016)

XXX

"Keep on keeping on." (Mike.n.atlanta)

XXX

"The only people who crave forever are those who continue to smoke." (marciem)

XXX

"Quitting without honest accountability is doomed to fail." (Thomas)

XXX

"You will need to change more than your smoking to stop your smoking" (Dr. Mike Evans)

XXX

"Addiction is the preface to a book, but we write the chapters."  (Maki)

XXX

"There comes a time when it's easier to remain smoke-free than it is to begin a quit anew." (Giulia)

XXX

"I have good days and bad days, just like when I was a smoker, because that's life.  Dropping the nicotine didn't change any of that.  It changed how I handle it." (TriGirl)

XXX

"Become the person you didn't know you wanted to be" (Mike.n.atlanta)

XXX

"Feel the withdrawals and be pleased by them.  They are the symptoms of winning."  (DOCmarkC)

XXX

"Quitting smoking gives you wings to conquer everything else in your life!"  (Daniela-3-11-2016)

XXX

"What you gain is so much more than you give up."  (Dr. Andrew Kuninoba)

XXX

"You gotta take your recovery with you everywhere." (stAn3)

XXX

"Time not smoking fixes a lot of the broken brain.  The brain needs the time to learn--to forget entirely all the old associations. (Maryfreecig)

XXX

"I always told myself once I got through 24 hours I had too much time under my belt to go backwards." (Shashort)

XXX

"The only real threat to your quit is between your ears." (Mike.n.Atlanta)

XXX

"Quitting is a choice and therefore relapse is a choice."  (Thomas.3.20.2010)

XXX

"A craving is not a command. "

XXX

"There is no healthy way to smoke." (Jennifer-Quit-05-01-14) 

XXX

"The more attention you give a craving, the longer it will probably last."  (SkyGirl)

XXX

"A slip is a gift you give to the enemy."   (Jonescarp )

XXX

"Quitting cigarettes might be the hardest thing to do in life, but at least you will have one."

XXX

"If you really want to quit smoking, just replace the word TOMORROW with TODAY and LATER with NOW."

XXX

"There is no such thing as a 'slip' in the playbook of the committed." (Giulia)

XXX

"Life is grand without a cigarette in hand" (Marilyn.H.July.14.14.)

XXX

"I realize that I am always just one bad choice away from being a smoker again." (c2q)

XXX

"One step and then another will get you to where you want to be." (oldbones5358-Larry_10-21-2013)

XXX

"Time is the doctor, we are patients (patience)"  (xjamarkx)

XXX

"If I have 'just one, I will be back to where I started.  Where I started was desperately wishing I was where I am today."

XXX

"Until you know there's a choice, you haven't a chance.   Once you've discovered that choice you've discovered that chance. (Giulia)

XXX

"As time passes our minds tend to lessen the hard details or the intensity of quitting smoking.  It is like a pain that has finally left.  You remember the pain but you no longer feel it." (JACKIE1-25-15)

XXX

"We're addicts for life, but only smokers until we choose not to be."  (djmurray_12-31-14)

XXX

"It's work no matter what route you choose.  It's less work if you understand it." (Mandolinrain 4/24/17)

XXX

"Having a cigarette does not make it any easier to work through life challenges, it just makes it more expensive."   (Daniela-3-11-2016)

XXX

"Until your head stops smoking, your hands will not."  (Bree19)

XXX

"This time I knew I wanted to quit, I knew I was not giving up anything but gaining everything and so instead of feeling Woe is Me, I am feeling WOW is Me!"  (yess)

XXX

"Quitting is journey - not an event."

XXX

"Failing was not on my agenda, and smoking was no longer and option."   (Jackie)

XXX

"I'd rather be a non-smoker who thinks about smoking once in awhile, than a smoker who's always thinking about quitting." ~ Anonymous   

XXX

"If you've quit smoking and you're still smoking - you're doing it wrong."  (Jonescarp)

XXX

"Quitting won't kill you, SMOKING will."

XXX

"Smokers don't get to smoke, they HAVE to smoke."

XXX

"If you don't want to slip, stay away from slippery places."

XXX   

"Keep them away from your face!" (Jonescarp)

XXX

"Not one hit since the day I quit!"

XXX

"Day Won - Never Another Day One - Win Over Nicotine" (Giulia)

XXX

"Sometimes while waiting for the right time to quit, we run completely out of time." (nanawendy)

XXX

"THINK IT -  SAY IT -  DO IT!  (Complete the trilogy!) " (cin)

XXX

"You have to walk the talk to be free!"

XXX

"Don't justify why you CAN'T, rather elaborate convincingly on how you CAN!" (Giulia)

XXX

"Smoking is a Decision - A Bad Day isn't Permission" (Jonescarp)

Tags (2)
86 Replies
pir8fan

If you smoke just one you will be back where you started! Where you started was wishing that you were where you are today!  (I got this from MotherGoose9 {Connie})

Giulia

"FREEDOM

These things that require a mighty struggle

These things that tax us to the core

These are the things valued highest

These are the things worth fighting for"  (pir8fan)

MarilynH

It is so worth the struggles to now be an EX SMOKER, there will never be another day one because I won the battle and I am winning the war against nicotine. 

SkyGirl

Smoke one = Square One

Giulia

"Quitting is not an event - it's a journey"

JACKIE1-25-15

I can choose to be happy or I can choose to be sad. 

I can think positive thoughts or let negative ones get ahead.

Choices; we all have to make, some early, some late.

Some of our choices can be a mistake

But life always brings ....Choices

Stay Smoke Free

jk5/94

Giulia

When you "get it" it's an aha moment.

Courtesy of Elvan:

"I don't have to wear gloves anymore.  I can wear MITTENS!"

NOPE=HOPE

JACKIE1-25-15

I don't do that anymore.  NOPE

Not in my hands, not on my lips, not in mouth, not on my tongue, not in my lungs, not in my clothes, NOPE